Gionee has some really camera-centric smartphones like the Gionee F103 Pro in its inventory, but they all lack dual rear camera setups which are fast becoming a fad in modern smartphones. Now the Chinese company is set to address that with its latest upcoming smartphones, the Gionee S9 and Gionee S9T.
The Gionee S9 is a high-end smartphone with its dual 13MP+5MP dual rear camera setup as its highlight. The smartphone is yet to be launched, but it has been certified by TENAA in China and Gionee recently affirmed its launch date in China to be November 15.
Gionee S9 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Gionee S9 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS display covered with 2.5D curved glass. The phone has a display resolution of 1920 * 1080 (Full HD) and sports an all-metal design with round edges. The S9 is just 7.4mm thick and weighs 166.5 grammes.
The Gionee S9 is powered under the hood by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with a speed of 1.8 GHz and is paired with a Mali T860 processor on the SoC. It comes with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB with a micro SD card.
The Gionee S9 sports 13MP and 5MP dual rear cameras coupled with a dual-tone LED flash for super mobile photography. It also sports a 13MP camera at the front for taking selfies. The smartphone packs a 3000mAh battery and comes with a hybrid Dual Micro+Nano SIM slot with support for 4G VoLTE.
Embedded into its home button is a fingerprint sensor which can be used to unlock the smartphone using biometric verification. The Gionee S9 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2 layered on top.
Gionee S9 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900/2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Nano + Nano / microSD Slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2.
- Dimensions: 154.2 * 76.4 * 7.4 mm.
- Weight: 168.2 g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD, LTPS touchscreen, 2.5D Curved Glass.
- Build: Metal unibody design with curved edges.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen bar.
- Colours: Gold, Rose Gold & Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek Helio P10.
- Processor Speed: 2 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860 GPU.
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR3.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (Hybrid).
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP + 5MP dual cameras, Autofocus, dual-tone LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 13 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: microUSB.
- USB OTG: –
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: 3000 mAh.
- Charging: –
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 15, 2016.
- Availability: November 25, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: TBA
- Offline: TBA
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N153300.
- Kenya: KES 37158.83
- Ghana: GHS 1462.
- India: Rs. 24700.
- China: 2499 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $365.
- UK: 294 British Pounds.
- Europe: 340 Euro.
Gionee S9 Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Gionee S9 comes in Gold, Rose Gold and Black colour versions and costs 2499 Yuan in China. It would be available on sale in China on the 25th of November, and would probably be rolled out globally at a later date.