The Gionee S9T is one of two upcoming smartphones with dual rear cameras (the first of its kind by the company) by Gionee, the first being the Gionee S9. Both smartphones were recently certified by China’s TENAA, and while the launch date of the Gionee S9 has been confirmed (to be November 15), nothing official has been heard about the Gionee S9T.
The Gionee S9T has almost the same specifications as the standard S9, with the difference(s) being that it is heavier and comes with a faster processor.
Gionee S9T Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Gionee S9T comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD display made with IPS panels and 2.5D curved glass. It is 7.4mm thick like the Gionee S9 but weighs 200.8 grammes, almost 50 grammes more than its standard variant. It has a physical home button into which a fingerprint sensor is embedded for security purposes.
The Gionee S9T is powered by the same Helio P10 processor with a faster clock speed (2GHz) than the one in the Gionee S9 (1.8GHz). The processor still has eight cores and graphics operations are handled by a Mali T860 GPU.
The phone comes with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB with a microSD card. It packs a 3000mAh battery and comes with a Hybrid Dual SIM slot with support for 4G VoLTE.
The Gionee S9T sports 13MP and 5MP dual cameras at the rear with a dual-tone LED flash which improves picture quality in low-light situations. It also sports a 13MP selfie shooter up front. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2 out of the box.
Gionee S9T Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2.
- Dimensions: 154.2 * 76.4 * 7.4mm.
- Weight: 200.8 g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD, IPS touchscreen.
- Build: Metal design with curved edges.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen bar.
- Colours: Gold, Silver & Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek Helio P10.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860 GPU.
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR3.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (Hybrid).
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP + 5MP dual cameras, Autofocus, dual-tone LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 13 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: microUSB.
- USB OTG: –
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: 3000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge –
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: TBA.
- Availability: TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms: –
- Launch Price – TBA
Gionee S9T Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Gionee S9T would come in Gold, Silver and Black colour variants like its standard variant. The launch date of the smartphone is expected to be announced soon, even as the launch date of the Gionee S9 has been announced. Then, the pricing details of the Gionee S9T would be known.