The 2017 Consumer Electronics Show event is over, but that doesn’t stop tech companies from showcasing and releasing new tech gadgets. Gionee has just announced the Gionee Steel 2, a mid-range Android smartphone with a moderate size and notable specs.
The Gionee Steel 2 should be succeeding a Gionee Steel, but since there isn’t a smartphone with that name yet, I assume that Gionee is prepping to release a so-named smartphone in the future.
Gionee Steel 2 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Gionee Steel 2 comes with a 5-inch IPS display with an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution and a 294 PPI pixel density. The phone is fully made of metal and features a fingerprint sensor which is embedded into its physical home button below the display. It weighs 160 grammes and is 8.6 millimetres thick.
The Gionee Steel 2 is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor and its graphics operations are handled by a Mali-T720 GPU. Its processor memory (RAM) is 3GB, while it has two internal storage variants – 16GB & 32GB. The internal storage of both variants can be expanded up to 128Gb via its microSD card slot.
The Steel 2 sports an 8MP camera with LED flash at the rear, while its front top bezel is adorned by a 5MP camera for taking selfies. The phone features a dual micro SIM slot through which you can access 4G LTE networks (with VoLTE support).
The Gionee Steel 2 packs a 4000mAh battery and, like most of the recently released Gionee smartphones, runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo 3.5 UI layered on top.
Also Check Out:
Gionee Steel 2 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- HSDPA 900 / 2100.
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO / TD-SCDMA.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE
- LTE Bands – band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- Network Speed: –
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo 3.5 UI.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 144.3 * 70.5 * 8.6 mm.
- Weight: 160g.
- Display size: 5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Jazz Gold & Gold Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6737.
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-T720.
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 8MP with Autofocus.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Front-facing: 5MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: –
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: January 12, 2017.
- Availability: January 12, 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Gionee Shop.
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- India: Rs. 12,810.
- China: ¥1299.
- USA: $188.
Availability and Price of Gionee Steel 2 in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Gionee Steel 2 comes in Jazz Gold and Gold Black colour versions and is available for order on the Gionee Shop in China for 1299 Yuan.
- Gionee S9 with Dual rear cameras and Helio P10 Processor launched in China
- Gionee S9T Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Gionee F5 with 4000mAh battery & 5.3-inch Display launched: Specs & Price
- Gionee M2017 with 7000mAh & 6GB RAM launched: Specs & Price in Nigeria, China, Kenya & Ghana
- Gionee P7 with 2GB RAM and 4G VoLTE launched in India: Specs & Price
- Gionee M6 Lite with 4GB RAM & Helio P10 processor Specs & Price