Instagram is a great social network for live streaming videos to connect with your followers and friends. The social networking app which is owned by Facebook has made live streaming videos much more interesting and now, you can go live with a friend on Instagram on your iPhone or iPad.
Instagram has been testing the two-person broadcasting feature since August 2017 and they finally have released the very much awaited feature and made it official.
How to Go Live with a Friend on Instagram on iPhone
Note: To be able to use this feature on the Instagram app on your iPhone or iPad, you need to, first of all, make sure that you have updated the Instagram app on your device to the latest version (version 20 or later). If you haven't updated the app, follow the steps below to update the Instagram app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, go to the Updates screen and then tap on the Update button next to Instagram.
When that's done, let's proceed to how to go live with a friend on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS device.
- Next, tap on the camera button at the top right corner of the screen. You can also swipe right across the screen instead to open the camera.
- Now, tap on the Live button and then tap on the "Start Live Video" button.
- You can now go on to have your live conversation with your friend. While you are at it. you can choose between different pairs of overlapping faces.
- Next, select the friend with whom you want to go live on Instagram with and then tap on Add.
- When you tap on Add, the friend you selected will receive a notification for the live video. The person is to tap on "Accept."
- When the friend accepts the notification and joins, the screen will split into two. Your friend's video will appear right below yours.
The followers of your friend will also be able to watch the live video on Instagram too.
People who are viewing the video will be able to like and publish comments too. While the number of viewers appears at the top of the screen, comments appear at the bottom.
Your friend will be able to leave the live broadcast anytime he or she wants. You can also tap on the "X" icon at the top right corner of the split screen to remove your friend from the live video broadcast. However, you should not that you can't add more than one friend to a live video on Instagram, at least for now.
Two-person broadcasting has made the live video more appealing, hasn't it? Tell us what you think about the new feature in the comments section below.