As expected of Google, the Android 6.0 Marshmallow download links had been released some few hours ago. Along with new features and capabilities, Android 6.0 (API level 23) includes a variety of system changes and API behavior changes. Google has officially released a direct download link to the update.
Some OEM’s have started working tirelessly on their Android 6.0 update for selected range of Android devices while some have already listed devices to get those updates.
You can manually upgrade only on the following devices now, and we’ll be updating this list as the new ones trickle in.
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 7 (2013)
- Nexus Player
- Nexus 9
If you own any of these devices and want the update right now, simple.
Where Can I Download the New Android 6.0 Marshmallow?
- Access Google Developer page to download the Android 6.0 update
- Follow the guide HERE on how to manually install the new update so you don’t brick your device
Note: If you previously flashed a device to an Android M Developer Preview image, that device will not automatically get the update to the final Android 6.0 build by OTA. To get the final Android 6.0 build, you must download it from the Nexus Factory Images page when available and then flash it manually to your device.
We have highlighted some of the key changes that you should understand and account for in your apps.
- Runtime Permissions
- Doze and App Standby
- Apache HTTP Client Removal
- Access to Hardware Identifier
- AudioManager Changes
- Text Selection
- Browser Bookmark Changes
- Android Keystore Changes
- Wi-Fi and Networking Changes
- Camera Service Changes
- APK Validation
- USB Connection
- Android for Work Changes
If you have previously published an app for Android, be aware that these changes in the platform affect your app.
Meanwhile, the OTA updates will start rolling out soon, though no specific date for it, but it can really happen anytime from now on. The update will get to your device soonest.
- How To Upgrade Infinix Hot 2 (Android One) To Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Upgrade Tecno Camon C8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, 2 Methods
- See Updated List of Phones That Will be Getting The Android Marshmallow Update
- List of Devices to Get Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update: When Will Your Phone Get Android Marshmallow Update?
- Google releases add-ons for Gmail on Android and Gmail Web
- Google Pixel Buds – Wireless Earbuds with 40 languages!