Technology is such a central part of our daily lives that it is not unpredictable that consumers want to convert their homes into technological houses.
With this article, we intend to define what a Talking Home is, what its purpose is, how it works, its advantages, savings, and examples of how to make your home smarter.
Talking homes: What are they?
Talking Homes are houses that have advanced automation systems to monitor and have control over the functions of the whole house, such as temperature control, doors, and windows.
What is your purpose?
The technology of Smart Homes provides its users with security, comfort, convenience, and energy efficiency by allowing them to control smart devices, usually with an application on their smartphones or other networked devices.
How do they work?
Any device in your home that uses electricity can be inserted into your home network and controlled by you. Whether by voice command, remote control, tablet, or smartphone, the house reacts. Most of these types of applications are related to lighting, home security, entertainment, irrigation system, and temperature regulation.
What are the main advantages?
- It allows you to manage all your home devices in one place. It is able to keep all the technology in your home connected from a single interface.
- It makes your home safer. Includes advanced security systems with cameras and motion sensors. You can also use magnetic cards and fingerprints instead of traditional keys.
- Accessibility for the elderly or disabled people. With voice control systems, they can control the light, close doors, call or use a computer.
- These houses offer optimization of energy efficiency. The lights can turn off when no one is in the room, and the thermostat can adjust itself to ensure that the house is at the ideal temperature when it arrives.
- The homes talking have much more potential to be sold at a cheaper price than a home without technology. Automating a home can be a worthwhile investment for you, as it can increase its value and can attract potential buyers
Do talking homes help you save?
In fact, these houses help consumers to improve the efficiency of their homes.
Instead of leaving the air conditioning on every day, a smart home system can learn its behaviors and ensure that the house is at the ideal temperature when it comes to the end of the day.
With an intelligent irrigation system, the grass will only be watered when necessary and with the exact amount of water needed.
With this technology, energy, water, and other resources are used more efficiently, which helps you to save natural resources and money.
Here are some examples of possible technologies for a Talking Home :
- Smart bulbs: you can turn on or off the home lighting anywhere, as long as your Smartphone is connected to the Internet. It can help in saving energy;
- Intelligent thermostats: integrated with Wi-Fi, allows its users to plan, monitor and control home temperatures remotely;
- Smart locks and gates: allows its users to let visitors in or out;
- Smart security cameras: users can monitor their homes when they are away;
- Smart feeders and drinkers for pets: gives the possibility to program the animals’ meals. There are also feeders and drinkers that allow you to see and talk to pets.
- Intelligent appliances: such as a coffee machine that allows the user to make coffee at the same time that his alarm clock wakes him up, refrigerators that make the shopping list and washing machines that allow you to control the washing remotely.