Do you want to hide your Instagram stories so it won’t be shown to some of your Instagram followers on your iPhone without having to unfollow or block them? Read on to find how it works:
To ensure that you still have your privacy on Instagram even with your Instagram Stores, the social media app has a feature which lets you hide your Instagram stories from someone especially using a iPhone. The coolest thing about this feature is that it lets you keep your Instagram posts hidden to certain people on Instagram without having to unfollow their accounts.
One thing you should note is that hiding your stories from someone is different from blocking them. The person will only be blocked from seeing your Stories. However, the person will still be able to view your profile and posts; unlike other accounts which have been blocked.
How To Hide Your Instagram Stories from Someone on iPhone
To hide your Instagram Stories from someone, follow the steps below.
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your iPhone and tap on the profile tab at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Next, tap on the gear icon and then tap on the “Story Settings” option right below “Account.”
- Now, tap on “Hide Story From.”
- Finally, simply tap on the people you want your Instagram Story to be hidden from.
- When you are done selecting the accounts, tap on “Done” at the top right corner of the screen to confirm your action.
That is all!
Now, all the people you selected will no longer be able to view your Instagram Story. You can still unhide these posts from them later on if you want to. Read on to learn how.
How to Unhide Your Instagram Stories from Someone on iPhone
In case you change your mind and you want to unhide your Instagram Story from anyone, you can easily do this at any time. All you need to do is follow the steps below.
- First off, launch the Instagram app on your iPhone and tap on your Profile at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Next, tap on the Settings (gear) icon.
- Now, tap on “Story Settings.”
- Tap on “Hide Story From.”
- Tap on the circle with the check mark right next to the account you have blocked before and you wish to unblock.
- When you are done, tap on Done at the top right corner of the screen to confirm your setting.
That is it! These people will be able to see your Instagram Stories once again.
You can also select people whom you want to hide your Instagram Stories from while you are viewing the account who have seen your stories. To do this, simply tap on the “X” icon at the right next to the name of the account and then tap on “Hide Story From [Username].
If your story appears on a hashtag page or a location, you can see it at the top of the list of people who have seen your story.
If you want to hide your story from a location or hashtag page, simply tap on the “X” icon on the right side of the location or hashtag page. You can also edit your account settings to decide who can see your Instagram Story. If your Instagram account is private, only followers whom you have approved will be able to see your story on Instagram.
If you have set your Instagram account to be public, all your followers and anyone at all on Instagram will be able to view your Instagram story, profile and posts.
Dont miss to download latest Instagram app on your iPhone from itunes:
So it is as easy as that to hide your Instagram story from someone. If you have any feedback or questions, feel free to share it in the comments section below.