How To Hide Or Remove Notch From iPhone X Home And Lock Screen
So you do not like the iPhone X Notch? Well, do not worry because you are not the only person who finds this a bit awkward. A lot of other iPhone X users are also looking for ways to get rid of the Notch on their iPhone X or at least get it hidden.
Fortunately, an app is known as “Notcho” is there to help you hide the Notch on your iPhone X. But before that, it only works with wallpapers on your iPhone X Home or Lock Screen.
This means that when you open apps, it will stop working till you get back to the Home or Lock Screen. So you want to give it a try? Read on to learn how to hide the Notch on iPhone X.
How to Remove/Hide iPhone X Notch With Notcho
- First of all, you need to download the Notcho app on your iPhone X. The app is free on the App Store.
- Next, open the app on your iPhone X. Now, you will be presented the option to use a photo from your Camera Roll, or you can also use a photo provided by the app. In this guide, I am using a picture from my photo library.
- If you decide to pick a photo from your photo library, tap on the Import button and then select any image you wish to use from your photo library.
- Next, tap on Adjust. Now you need to adjust, fill, fill or stretch the image as you want.
When you are done adjusting the photo, tap on Done to confirm.
- Finally, tap on Save.
- Now go to the Photos app on your iPhone X and then open the wallpaper you just saved and then tap on the Share button.
- Next, tap on “Use as Wallpaper” and then tap on Set.
- Now, you can set the wallpaper to work for your Home Screen or Lock Screen. You can also set the wallpaper to work for both.
- Finally, tap on Set Both.
How to Remove/Hide iPhone X Notch With Notch Remover
An app aptly named Notch Remover by Axiem Systems claims to help hide the notch area on the Lock and Home screen of your iPhone X. What this app does is take an image you choose from your library and resize it to the iPhone X wallpaper format while adding a black bar across the top to make the notch visually indistinguishable from the left and right “ear”.
The app then saves the wallpaper image to your Camera roll, allowing you to set it on your Lock or Home screen wallpaper in Settings → Wallpaper. This has the effect of basically concealing the notch on the Lock and Home screen. The notch is still present in apps you use, and there’s no way around that, but this app is certainly a clever way to conceal it.
1) Download Notch Remover from App Store.
2) Launch Notch Remover on your iPhone X
3) Tap Select Image.
4) Browse the images in your Camera roll and select one to use as a wallpaper.
5) Tap Save to store the converted wallpaper image in your Photos library.
6) Go to Settings → Wallpaper → Choose New Wallpaper.
7) Select your new wallpaper, then zoom in or out so that the black bar displays correctly.
8) Tap Set, then choose Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen or Set Both.
Surprisingly enough, Notch Remover was approved by Apple.
Apple’s been encouraging its developers to embrace the notch, with its developer guidelines advising against attempting to hide the device’s rounded corners, sensor housing or indicator for accessing the Home screen “by placing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.”
That is all.
Note: If you tried downloading the app on your iPhone X and are not able to, you can download it on another iPhone. When it is downloaded, you can then follow the steps mentioned above to create a wallpaper. Next, transfer the wallpaper to your iPhone X using AirDrop.
Now when you go to your Home Screen or Lock Screen, you will notice that the Notch will be hidden.
Of course, this solution isn’t perfect but it is still something, and it is still able to serve the purpose.
So what do you think about the Notch on the iPhone X? Share your views in the comment section below. Thank you.