iPhone's popular mapping applications - Google Maps and Apple Maps - let you find your way around easily, no matter where you are across the globe. And there is nothing more comfortable than telling your map to take you home with one tap - except the application has you registered at the wrong home address. Below is how to rectify that by changing your home address for the two apps on your iPhone:
How Can I Change My Home Address In Google Maps On My iPhone?
- Launch Google Maps on your iOS device.
- Click the 3 horizontal lines at the top left of the display (mostly referred to as hamburger menu.)
- In the menu, click "Your places."
- If you feel the need to alter the address that is already saved as your home address, click the 3 dots to the right of your home address and click "Edit home" in the pop-up menu.
- Enter your home address and then select it in the search results.
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I Change The Keyboard To Add Different Languages On My iPhone?
If you are yet to set your home address at all, the 3 dots will not be visible. Rather, you will have to click "Set once and go" under Home and then type in your home address on the next screen.
How Can I Change My Home Address In Apple Maps On An iPhone?
- Launch Apple Maps on your iOS device.
- Click "i" in the upper right corner of the display.
- In the Map Settings window that you will see, click "Report an Issue."
- On the Report an Issue page, click "Home."
- On the Home page, swipe your home address to the left and click "Remove."
- Click "Add a Place or Address."
- Enter your home address and then enter it when it is visible in your search results.
- Click "Add."
If you are yet to set your home address at all, when you click "Home," Apple Maps will instantly redirect you to the page where you can enter and search for your home address.
A quicker way to change your Home address in Apple Maps:
- Launch Apple Maps on your iPhone.
- On the main map screen, enter "Home" in the "Search for a place or address" field.
- Click "Home" in the search results.
- In the navigation window, click "Edit Location."
- You will now be able to change your home address, click "Next," and "Done." This will not just update your present destination, but your default home address too.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Change The Screen Color On Your iPhone?