Facebook can show text in over 100 languages including languages like “Pirate English.”
- Just head to Facebook on your PC, tab or mobile device and select your language.
- Your language can also be changed in the Facebook application on your iPhone or Android phone.
You must’ve noticed that Facebook automatically aids the translation of posts that are in foreign languages into the English you are familiar with. But how about if you intend to use your complete Facebook in a foreign language?
Maybe English is not actually your country’s language, or you traveled out on a cultural exchange, or you are learning a foreign language and intend to get better at it.
It does not matter why, you can engage in the translation of your Facebook into more than a hundred available languages, that includes Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian and even peculiar languages like Pirate English.
It is not totally clear why anyone should want these alternative options, but truth be told, stranger things have happened.
If you intend to change your language, it can be done in a couple of ways on the Facebook site or on your mobile application. This is how to go about that:
You Might Also Want To Read: Xiaomi Mi Band 4 will have color screen! More information revealed!
How Can You Change The Language On Your Facebook With A PC?
To alter your Facebook language via your personal computer, head to the “Language Settings” page through here and skip to the 5th step.
If that is not successful, adhere to the instructions below:
- Get yourself logged into your Facebook account at Facebook.com on your PC’s web browser which could be Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox e.t.c.
- Click the downwards facing arrow on the Facebook menu bar which can be seen in the top right corner of your screen, close to the question mark.
- A menu will be opened. Close to the bottom, you will see “Settings.” Tap it.
- Select “Language.”
- You have landed in the “Language Settings” page. This is where you can change your Facebook language, decide on the language that posts will get translated to, and select all languages that you do not wish to be translated. This can be of great help if you are bilingual and plan to stay away from mis-translations of your pal’s posts. To change the Facebook language, tap “Edit.”
- Decide on your preferred language.
- Tap “Save Changes” for confirmation of your language.
It can also be done via your News Feed:
- Head to your News Feed which is the page that displays all your friend’s posts in a feed.
- Head down till a box with handful of languages is visible.
- You are able to select one of the languages you see in this box and then tap “Change Language” in the pop-up box. You are allowed to also tap “+” to see the list of languages that are available.
- Choose your preferred language from the list to provide the change you want.
You Might Also Want To Read: https://techlector.com/how-can-i-turn-my-image-into-a-vector-image/
How Can You Change The Language On Your Facebook Using A Mobile Phone?
If you are making use of your mobile device to change your language, you can head to the Facebook website or you can use the Facebook app.
If the app is not on your phone, head to Facebook.com on your browser and adhere to these instructions:
- Get yourself logged into your Facebook account at Facebook.com. Tap Menu that is visible in the top right corner.
- Go down to “Help & Settings” and select “Language.”
- Scroll down and select your language. The search bar can also be used to fasten the process.
- Tap the language you intend to use and you are done.
If you are an iPhone user, the language can be changed from the Facebook app:
- Launch the Facebook app and ensure you sign in.
- Tap Menu in the bottom right corner.
- Tap “Settings & Privacy.” and a sub-menu will be opened. Choose “App Language.”
- Your Facebook app language will be set to flow with your phone language. And your phone language can be modified in your phone’s settings, but you can also choose a language manually. Scroll down or make use of the search option to locate your language and tap it to effect the change you want.
If you are an Android user, the language can be changed via your Facebook app:
- Tap Menu at the top right.
- Access “Settings & Privacy” then select “Language.”
- Select your language. You will also be able to default to your “Device Language,” that can be tweaked in your device’s settings.