Social media is an interesting place and Instagram is rapidly becoming the home of entertainment and connection, taking over from Facebook and TV sets. I need not tell you about the power of images on social media platforms, so we can’t say Instagram’s fast growth was unexpected.
If you don’t know about the new logo options Instagram has for users now, you must be living under a rock. Are you part of the very few who are yet to be updated? This tutorial will break down how to change this icon on your Android device.
Instagram released this somewhat secret feature as part of its ten-year birthday, and it simply lets users select from several retro and new icons to set for the application. Let’s expatiate by showing you the answer to your How Do I Change My Instagram Icon On Android question:
How Can I Change The Instagram Icon On My Android Phone?
- Before anything else, launch the Google Play Store application and make sure that there are no pending updates.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top left corner.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Customize the Instagram App Icon on Your iPhone
- Click “My apps & games.”
- Click on the green circular arrow to confirm if there are any available updates. If there is, update Instagram as necessary.
- Launch the Instagram application.
- Click on your avatar way down on the screen.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner.
- Click “Settings.” in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down from the top until you begin to view some emoticons, and then release.
- A cupcake icon that shows “Celebrate with Us” will be visible under it, alongside twelve or less custom icons to select from. Just click your favorite.
- A pop-up window will then prompt to know if you wish to add the icon shortcut to your home screen. Click “Add automatically.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How to download Instagram videos on iPhone easily
If you wish to return to the original icon or change to a different version, simply repeat the instructions above. This feature is available for November, but no one knows if Instagram will make it a more permanent in the future.
That is that.