Several modern laptops possess backlight keyboards that are meant to make typing in low-light conditions a less complicated process. However, even if several keyboards come with backlight illumination and glowing letters, at times, the brilliant feature will just stop working.
Are you experiencing that? Then the issue is definitely not with the keyboard. If you use Windows 10, the backlit keyboard feature might actually be disabled in the Settings app and you just have to know how to access Settings to make adjustments. Let’s break down the answer to your How Do I Enable My Keyboard Backlight In Windows 10 question:
How Can I Enable My Keyboard Backlight In Windows 10?
There are many ways to activate keyboard backlights and alter their brightness in Windows 10, but it depends on the make and model of your Windows laptop. Your fix lies in the Windows Mobility Center, and via the native application that comes with your PC. Check out our breakdown below:
1. How To Enable Your Keyboard Backlight In Windows 10 Via The Windows Mobility Center?
Simply access the Control Panel and navigate to the Windows Mobility Center to make the backlight work on your PC. To do that, just:
- Tap “Start” and enter “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- As soon as the Control Panel window opens, search for “Windows mobility center.”
- Open the Windows Mobility Center, a list of options will be visible. Ensure the slider under “Keyboard backlight” is moved to the right to activate the backlight.
- Tap on the tab to access more options. Activate “Keyboard lighting” and choose the brightness you want.
- After that, select the time for keyboard backlight’s auto shutdown. You can choose between 5 seconds and 15 minutes, and even “Never off” if you need backlight to disable automatically when your PC is not active.
- Choose “OK” as soon as you are pleased with the changes made.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to use an Android phone as a mouse or keyboard on your PC
1. How To Enable Your Keyboard Backlight In Windows 10 Via The Native App?
A lot of laptops come with native applications for managing keyboard backlight brightness. To confirm you have an app like that, your system can be checked. Simply connect to the internet and enter the name of your computer in your browser’s search bar. Include the phrase “Enable Keyboard Backlight Windows 10,” and you will be able to access the settings immediately.
How To Tell If My Laptop Has A Keyboard Backlight?
One of the simplest ways to confirm if your laptop has a keyboard backlight or not is by checking the keyboard itself. If you notice any of the symbols by the manufacturer in the screenshots above, then the backlight can be activated.
Can I Use An External Keyboard On A Laptop?
Sure. A lot of wireless keyboards can connect to most laptops via Bluetooth or a USB port.
That is that.