When Epic Games decided to launch Fortnite for mobile, lots of people concluded that Chromebook would be part of the platforms it would run on since the game runs on Android, and Chrome OS is under Google. However, that did not happen, and Epic Games took so long to announce any official Chrome OS support.
Not to worry though, because as always, there will always be a solution to issues like this and we will break it down as always. But before that, the simple reason why you can play the Fortnite game on Android and not on Chrome OS is that Android and Chrome OS are not built the same.
If you are not aware, Android was built to handle lots of apps running on several devices while Chrome OS is meant for netbooks and tab, solely for the purpose of connecting to Chrome. It is basically an internet browser with hardware drivers and controllers built-in, and Chromebooks do not let you install applications to it. Obviously, if Epic Games launched a version of the game that will work with Chrome servers, there would not be an issue. See the answer to your How Do I Play Fortnite On My Chromebook: question
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Change Fortnite Resolution
How Can I Play Fortnite On My Chromebook?
It can be done in 2 ways. You can either use an application or play via a remote desktop. I’ll break them down below:
1. Use An Application:
Crossover is an app that lets you run any Windows program on an Intel-based Chromebook. Be aware that your Chromebook has to be Intel-based or running Android 5.0 or higher for this to work. Then adhere to these instructions:
- Access the Play Store on your Chromebook and search for Crossover on Chrome.
- Install the app.
- Head to the Fortnite site. Tap “Download” on the upper right corner of the display.
- Tap PC/Mac.
- Select “Windows.”
- Hold on for the program to finish downloading.
- Launch the Crossover application.
- Enter anything in the Search Applications box until “Can’t find what you’re looking for” is visible. Tap “Install Unlisted Application.”
- Tap “Select Installer.”
- Head to the folder where you downloaded Fortnite, then run the app.
- Just like Sideloading, if your Chromebook is not very powerful to run the game, a warning popup would be seen.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Set Up Chromebook Parental Controls
2. Run A Remote Desktop:
If the fix above does not work, then this will rectify the problem. It simply means running the game on a desktop computer that can handle it, then playing your game via your Chromebook. Why this is necessary if you already own a PC that can run Fortnite is a different matter completely. See the process below:
- Get Chrome Remote Desktop installed on your PC or your Chromebook.
- Launch the application and use your Chromebook to connect to your PC. If you add a PIN, you will be asked to type it in.
- Open Fortnite on the Epic Game Store.
- Use your Chromebook to run the game via the Remote Desktop application.
- Resorting to Workarounds.
You are done.