Yelp’s website, Yelp.com, is a crowd-sourced local business review and social networking site. The site has pages devoted to individual locations, such as restaurants or schools, where Yelp users can submit a review of their products or services, using a one to a five-star rating system.
It was founded in 2004 by former PayPal employees Russel Simmons and Jeremy Stoppelman. Yelp grew in usage and raised several rounds of funding in the following years. By 2010 it had $30 million in revenue, and the website had published about 4.5 million crowd-sourced reviews. From 2009 to 2012, Yelp expanded throughout Europe and Asia.
Even if a bad Yelp review is never a business owner’s dream, it is quite inevitable for the best establishments out there. Not to worry though, it all depends on how you respond to the bad review. If you are polite, honest and filled with great ideas, you can make the customer’s next visit a better experience, and you might even win him or her back.
Don’t just respond to any review though, because there are some things you need to know first. See the answer to your How Do I Respond To A Yelp Review With A Business Account question:
How Can I Respond To A Yelp Review?
- Before anything else, you need to claim your business’s Yelp page by adhering to the instructions at biz.yelp.com in a browser on your Mac, personal computer, iPhone or Android device, and then get yourself logged in to your account.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Use Yelp Waitlist
- Head to “Reviews” on your account page.
- Locate the review and tap “Write a Response.” You can now enter your response, and it will be seen underneath the review.
- Tap “Preview” to preview the text.
- Tap “Post Comment.” to post the comment.
You can even send the reviewer a private DM. On this particular review, tap “Send Direct Message,” have your say and tap “Send.” If you do not have enough time on your hands but wish to acknowledge a good review, you can also tap “Thank” under a review. This instantly sends a fast private note that will appreciate the poster for a great review.
That is that.
Show us some love by Sharing! TechLector wants to hear from you, use the comment box below…