We all love to have our privacy and would love to keep certain things on our devices private. Away from those prying eyes seeking to get hold of our private data and files for whatever reason best known to them. If you’re among these kinds of people then the private mode on the Samsung Galaxy s9 and Samsung Galaxy s9 plus is definitely for you.
The threat of having a breach in privacy might as well come from people close to you, as well as hackers from all around the world. So it is no news that phone manufacturers, as well as developers, are constantly looking for more innovative ways to improve security and safeguard the things we have on our smartphones.
Samsung/Android knows this and have taken it one step forward by bringing forth this exciting new feature which will help you secure your files with just a tap of a button whenever you want to hand your phone over to someone to maybe do a quick task.
Before this new feature was released in the latest installment of the Galaxy phones namely Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, some people had no choice but to delete certain files like pictures, video, documents etc in order to prevent others from seeing it or getting their hands on it.
Thanks to private mode on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, you can now give people your phone without having to panic or look over their shoulders to see what they might or might not be viewing on your device.
What is Private Mode.
Private mode a is brand new feature on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus that allows you to hide certain things on your device. Things like your photos, videos and other files as long as the private mode is activated on your device.
When this feature is activated on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, it requires a PIN from the current user to be able to access your files on your phone, keeping your device and all it’s content very secure. The PIN should also be known by you and you alone if you want the files hidden to remain safe and secure.
How to activate private mode.
- Slide down from the top of your device using only two fingers to see the drop down list.
- You’ll see the private mode button, tap on it.
- You’ll be shown a pin for activating this feature after a quick tutorial of how to use it have been shown to you, that is if it is your first time accessing the private mode.
How to disable private mode.
- Slide down from the top of your device again using two fingers to see the list of options.
- You’ll see the mode button, tap it.
- Voila! You’re out of the private mode.
How to add and remove certain files from the private mode.
Recently download a photo, video or some other file that’s meant for your eyes only? Here’s how to add them to the private mode.
- Switch on private mode. ( Steps on this are above)
- Head on to private mode to hide your files.
- In the upper right corner of your screen is where you’ll find overflow menu button and select the file(s) you wanna hide.
- Tap on ‘Move to private’
Just like that, the new file has been added to the private mode.
This new feature is definitely a welcome development in ensuring the safety of one’s photos, videos and other files that are meant for your eyes and your eyes only. So when next someone asks to see your phone or you want to quickly go somewhere without your phone. Be sure to turn on the private mode before handing out your phone or leaving it behind.