Find My iPhone is a very useful Apple innovation. It lets users find their little but costly (and increasingly important) everyday phones. In addition to the iPhone, the feature can also be used to locate your iPad and even your Mac computer.
With Find My iPhone, you can trace the location of your phone, and also set it to make noise so you can find it seamlessly. Unlike several other features, however, you will need to enable it before making use of it. Let’s show you how below:
How Can I Enable Find My iPhone On My iPhone Or iPad?
- Click “Settings.”
- Click on your Apple ID (this will be your name. You will see “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store” under it).
- Click on iCloud (it will be seen at the top of the second set of options).
- Swipe down and click “Find My iPhone” (or “Find my iPad”).
- Click on “Find My iPhone” in the next display to toggle it. You will now be able to find your iPhone (or iPad) using your cloud ID.
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I Delete A Single Message On My iPhone?
How Can I Enable Find My Mac?
- Tap on the Apple menu on your Mac (the Apple icon in the upper right-hand corner).
- Tap System Preferences.
- Tap iCloud.
- Swipe down and tick “Find My Mac.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Stop iCloud Storage Alerts On Your iPhone?
Once in a while, you might not want your iOS device added to the devices that can be found using iCloud, especially if you still need an old iPad or iPhone that is still listed. Let’s expatiate below:
How Can I Remove A Device From Find My iPhone?
The simplest way to get this done on a PC is through iCloud.com. It is also a seamless way to find your iPhone.
- Get yourself signed in to your iCloud account on iCloud.com. (authentication might be required depending on the PC you own.)
- Tap Find My iPhone.
- Tap “All Devices.”
- Tap on the device you want to remove.
- Tap “Remove from Account.”
- Confirmation of the removal and authentication by typing in your iCloud password will be required. This will initiate the removal.