As soon as you start following other runners on Strava, you will notice that it is possible to include shoes to your profile. With just a few easy taps, you can make that happen. By so doing, you will be able to manage your gear more efficiently.
This post will break down how you can include and monitor your shoes in Strava with a few easy taps.
How Can I Monitor My Shoes On Strava?
If you use separate shoes for all kinds of runs, you will be able to monitor progress, distance covered, receive email notifications when you arrive at a particular mileage as a reminder that you need to replace your shoes. If you use one shoe for a long period of time, you are actually risking injury.
Strava lets you monitor which shoes fits you the most and which lasted for a long period of time. Also, you will be able to compare them to the ones other runners are using and swap opinions.
You Might Also Want To Read: ‘PUBG is a waste of time’, said one of the most popular streamers today
How Can I Add Shoes On Strava?
Adding shoes in Strava is not complicated. You only have to head to “My Gear” from your profile’s dashboard. To get this done, you need to:
- Get yourself logged into your Strava account through your web browser.
- Hover over your profile pic that can be seen at the top right of the screen. You will see a drop-down menu.
- Tap “Settings.”
- On the left side of the screen, locate “My Gear” and tap it.
- Under “My Running Shoes,” tap “Add Running Shoes.”
After doing that, a menu will appear with several options.
Under “Brand,” you can select your shoe brand. Tap on a blank bar and a list of existing brands will be visible to you. If your brand cannot be found on the list, you will need to reach out to Strava Support and ask them to include it.
As soon as you select a brand, you will be able to enter a model of your shoes. This “Model” section is not compulsory though.
“Nickname.” is not compulsory as well. This is where you will be able to personalize your shoes and ensure they are unique from the others. As soon as your shoes get a nickname, it will be visible to your followers.
“Notes,” allows you to add more information about running shoes. Its condition, color, size, even a short story on how you got them.
“Notifications” ensures you are kept abreast about the distance covered with the shoes. The longer that is, like i said the before, the higher the risk of an injury.
How Can I Add Shoes From Mobile App On Strava?
Sadly, the mobile application is not supportive of you adding shoes or gear right now. You have to get yourself logged in on your web browser to add a new gear. But, you are allowed to add the gear you have added in the past to your new tracks and activities.
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I Sync Fitbit Data To Apple Health?
How Can I Monitor Shoes From Mobile App On Strava?
You might not be able to add new shoes from your smartphone, but you can allocate existing ones to your activities. This is how to achieve that:
- Get the Strava mobile app installed. Android and iOS users can do this.
- In the iOS application, click the profile button at the bottom.
- If you are an Android user, click “More” and then tap your profile name.
- As soon as you are in your profile, head down to the “Gear selection” and click it.
- All the shoes you have included will be visible on this list. Bicycles are not excluded. Shoes and bicycles will have different sections though.
- When running is over, you can instantly edit your activity through the application.
- Locate “Activities” on top of “Gear” in your profile menu.
- Search for the latest activity and click “Edit Activity.”
- Locate “Shoes” and choose the shoes you made use of for your most recent run. Click “OK” and then “Update Activity.”