Widgets are little versions of bigger applications that live on the Today View screen. They are an effective way to personalize your iPhone. A few widgets, like the Weather app, for example, will show a compact summary of the things you might find by launching the app.
Other applications let you interact. For instance, the Shazam widget allows you to locate what song you're listening to over the speakers in a canteen with a click, while the Shortcuts widget exposes you to your preferred shortcuts.
There will be several widgets on your iOS device to be included in the Today View screen. This is how to go about it:
How Can I Add Widgets On My iPhone?
Not every application have their personal widgets, but when they do, nothing complicated needs to be done to have it installed. It is quite simple. Widgets get installed on your device along with the applications they belong to.
However, widgets will not be visible on the Today View screen automatically. They can be added from the bottom of the display. Just do this:
- Head to your "Today View" screen. Simply scroll to the right from the Home page, Notification centre, or the Lock screen.
You Might Also Want To Read: How Can I Pair My Apple Watch To My iPhone XR?
- Swipe way down and click "Edit." Your device might need to be unlocked.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Set Dynamic Wallpaper on your iPhone or iPad
- Under "More Widgets" you will see widgets for several of the apps downloaded on your device. Locate any widget you fancy and click the plus sign. It will be visible at the top of the page.
- When all the widgets you love have been added to the Today View screen, simply rearrange them with the drag bars on the right side of the display.
- To get rid of a widget, click the minus sign on the left side of the display.
- When you are done, click "Done."
More On Widgets
A widget is a simple application extension that is often part of a larger application already installed on the device. Widgets come in all shapes and sizes, are customisable, and reside on any available Home screen for quick access. Widgets provide you with quick access to information without requiring you to open the app that manages this information. An example is the Calendar widget, which provides you with a quick view of your upcoming calendar events without opening the Calendar application.
To adjust the widget size, you will need to tap and hold the widget. A blue box will appear around the widget, at this point you can use the sliders to resize it.