Instagram Verification, if you don’t know, is that blue checkmark or tick that is located near the name of an account that mostly belongs to a celebrity, companies or public figure etc. This signifies that the Instagram account has been certified by Instagram as genuine and truly belongs to the public figure. Before now, there has been no ‘known’ way to get the Instagram Verification and some people have actually gotten scam by some dubious individuals while looking to get the blue tick on their Instagram profile.
Instagram has now decided to open the verification for everyone. This doesn’t mean that everyone on the platform is getting verified, No. It only means that you can now apply to Instagram for your account to get verified. Obviously, you’ll need to have a good amount of followers on the platform and be able to show that you are who you say you are. For this to be possible, Instagram has set some requirements which you will need to submit.
The requirements include you Full Name, a photo of your Identification Card (Government Issued like International Passport, Driver’s License etc) and Date Of Birth. You’ll need to make sure that the photo of the of the Identification Card should clearly show its details as it will be used to cross check other details like your full name and date of birth. Once you the requirements mentioned above have been met then we can start.
How To Apply For Instagram Verification
The feature is still in its early stages and Instagram are still testing it out on just a few accounts so if you can’t see it on your account just yet then you’ll need to be patient till it rolls out worldwide.
Before we begin, you’ll need to have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your device. If you don’t or don’t know if you don’t, then head to your respective app stores (Google Play Store for Android and Apple App Store for iOS) and Check for an update. Once your app is up-to-date, we can now begin.
– Open the Instagram App and Click on your Profile Located at the bottom right of the screen.
– Tap on the three dots at the top right Corner of the screen and Select Settings from the pop-out menu at the bottom.
– Search for the “Request Verification Option”
– If you can find it, Click on it. If you can’t, then the feature hasn’t been rolled out for you, be patient, it will in the future.
– Once you Click on it, you’ll be asked to Provide Your Instagram Name, Your Full name and also upload a photo of any Government issued identification Card that has your Full name, Face and date of birth clearly visible.
– After providing the necessary requirements, Click on Submit and that’s it.
Now you wait. Your request will be reviewed by the Instagram team and a response will be sent to you via notification if they’ve confirmed it or denied it. If you’re not popular enough or don’t have a good amount of followers, chances are, you will get denied as the blue tick is usually reserved for public figures, celebrities, and ‘popular people’.
It’s a good step that Instagram finally decided to bring out this feature on how anyone can apply for the Instagram Verification. This is because a lot of people have been scammed in search of that blue mark on their Instagram account. Now you don’t need to pay anyone to get, all you have to do is follow the steps above, and you’re eligible for it, you’ll get easier.