Just like what happens with other applications, WhatsApp relies on testers to test new updates before publishing the official version. If you want to know how to become a beta tester of WhatsApp on Android or iOS, we will explain how to do it.
It can be anything like showing a friend’s current location, video calling, or being able to read messages after they have been deleted: all of this is released in the beta version of WhatsApp long before its official release to a wider audience.
Testing the features before being officially released leaves the company quiet and does not adversely affect the experience of a billion users worldwide.
How to become a WhatsApp beta tester on Android or iOS
Beta tester of WhatsApp on Android
The WhatsApp beta test program for Android is an opt-in scenario, as it should be. If you want to join the beta version of WhatsApp, here are the necessary steps.
Before moving on, a caveat: new beta releases are released much more frequently than regular app updates, they can be annoying for some people, and most importantly, they can lead to unexpected app crashes.
If you want to avoid this type of problem, it is better to stay in the official version of WhatsApp.
How to participate in WhatsApp Beta for Android
It is now very easy to be a beta tester, thanks to the Whatsapp Beta tester application on Google Play, so you can become a beta tester of any Android application.
There are 2 different options for doing this, one is via a browser and the second is via the Google Play Store.
Below you can follow the steps to be part of the beta users of WhatsApp for the Android operating system:
- You need to open the desired web browser.
- Go to the WhatsApp beta test page on the Google Play website.
- Sign in to the Google Account you use on your Android device.
- If you have enabled multiple account access, click on the user icon at the top right, and choose the one you prefer.
- You must choose the “Become a tester” option.
Congratulations, you signed up for the WhatsApp beta testing program for Android.
Through the Play Store application
Follow these tips to become a WhatsApp beta tester via the Play Store:
- Launch the Play Store app and search for WhatsApp.
- When you open the application page, the title says “WhatsApp Messenger”, with the option to choose to be a beta tester (In case the option does not appear, there is likely to be no more room to be a beta tester of WhatsApp).
- In the next few hours, you will receive a WhatsApp update that will allow you to be the first to try out the new features through the beta version.
Beta tester of WhatsApp on iOS
To do this using the TestFlight app, you need to accept an email invitation or public link from the developer and have a device that we can use to test the apps.
App Store Connect team members can add you and offer you access to all versions of the app.
Each build is available for testing for up to 90 days, starting from the day the developer loads the build. You can see how many days left to test under the app name in TestFlight.
TestFlight will notify you whenever a new build is available and will include instructions on what you need to test. All in-app purchases are free of charge during the trial period.
When you see an application in TestFlight, you will see the latest version available by default. You can still try all the other versions available.
- Go to the app page in TestFlight.
- Touch previous versions.
Tap and install the build you want to test. The one selected will replace the one currently installed. So, you have learned how to become a beta tester of WhatsApp on Android or iOS.