You can change Bluetooth audio codec on Android 8.0 Oreo and we will be teaching you just how to here. The Bluetooth Audio codec options makes it possible for you choose between different Bluetooth audio codecs option instead of using the standard default Option. However, the option is embedded in the developer options and is evidently meant for developers. So if you’re looking to tamper with the bluetooth audio codec on your Android device running Oreo, then you need to be sure of what you’re doing.
The Bluetooth audio codec options available on Android 8.0 Oreo include SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD and LDAC. Now, before you can select any of the options, you’ll have to activate the developer options if you haven’t before. To do that, simply follow the steps below.
– Access the Settings Menu by Swiping down the notification panel and Clicking on the Gear Icon or Click on the Settings Icon/App from your home screen or app drawer.
– Go to System and Tap On About Phone.
– Scroll down towards the bottom of the page where you’ll see build number. Tap on it continuously/repeatedly till you see the “you’re now a developer notification”
– Now Go back to the Settings Menu. Under System, you should see the new developer Settings option.
Now that’s you’re now a developer with the developer settings Unlocked, we can now go ahead and change the Bluetooth audio.
How to change Bluetooth audio codec on android 8.0 Oreo
– Access the Settings Menu again.
– Under System, Select the new Developer Option.
– Now Scroll down to the networking section where you will see the bluetooth audio codec option.
– Tap on it. You’ll be presented with the following options to choose from.
aptX HD audio
Enable optional codec
Disable optional codec
– Choose any of the above or your can leave it at system default.
– Once you pick/tap one, it gets saved automatically and you’re good to go.
That’s how to change Bluetooth audio codec on Android 8.0 Oreo. You can also change it back to default or any other option at a later time by also following the same steps above to get to the bluetooth audio codec option then select a new option. Got questions ? Let us know by using the comment section down below.