One very cool method of personalising your new LG G7 is by changing the name of your device as you want. This serves as an identity for your device which can be recognised by other users and yourself. This is quite useful when you want to use the Bluetooth feature, and different names for devices will appear on your device.
This will also happen when you connect your device to a computer. When you connect your LG G7 to a computer, the name of your device will appear as LG G7. If you change the name of your device, it will prevent the case of confusion in situations when you are in public places, and there are other owners of LG G7 using their own phones too. If such confusion occurs, you might end up connecting to the wrong device and vice versa.
As such, we would recommend that you change the generic name of your LG G7 to a more personalised one. If you want to learn how to change the device name on your LG G7, follow the steps below.
How to Change Name on LG G7
Follow the steps below to change the device name on your LG G7.
- First off, make sure that your device is turned on.
- Next, go to the app menu on your device.
- Next, tap on the Settings app icon.
- On the Settings screen, scroll down the page till you see the "Device Information" option. Tap on it,
- Next, tap on the "Device Name" option.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen with a prompt for you to change the name of your device.
- Enter any name you want for your device.
That is all! The new name you entered will be saved for your device. You can see the name on other Bluetooth devices or computers that your device connects to.