The screen timeout function determines how long it takes for the screen of your Galaxy Note 9 to turn off after you stop pressing it without having to press the power button.
This feature comes in handy when you need to check your phone intermittently. When you enable this feature, you won’t need to keep unlocking your device. The Note 9 comes with various screen timeout options so make sure to select the one that suits your needs and preferences.
How to Change The Screen Timeout Settings On Galaxy Note 9
There are six different screen timeout options on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. They include 15 sec, 30 sec, 1-2-5 min, and 10 minutes. You can also integrate the screen timeout feature with Smart Stay. Smart Stay identifies if your focus is on the screen or not. When it notices that your focus isn’t on the screen, it will reduce the brightness of the screen.
To edit the screen timeout follow the steps below.
- First off, launch the Settings app on your Note 9.
- Next, tap on the Display option. Here, you can edit the time you want for your screen timeout.
How to Enable/Disable Smart Stay on Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- First off, go to the Settings app.
- Next up, tap on display and then tap on Smart Play.
- Toggle the switch on/off depending on what you want.
How to Disable The Screen Timeout Feature On Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Go to the Settings app and then tap on About Phone.
- Next, tap on the Build Number seven times repeatedly. This will unlock the Developer mode.
- Once you have unlocked Developer mode, go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down the screen and tap on the Developer Options.
- Tap on Stay Awake.
That’s all! From now on, the screen of your Note 9 will stay awake. You can also disable this feature by following the steps above.