Apple wants to use iCloud to ensure iOS devices are so easy to use to the point of you not wanting to jump ship. Your iCloud account connects everything from shared picture albums to Apple Pay to your iCloud backup, across your iOS devices. This will ensure all your data are protected even when you switch to Android.
If you did not log into iCloud when you set up your iPhone, skip down to “Sign into another iCloud account.” If you want to move from one iCloud account to a different one, begin by logging out of your iCloud account.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Shoot Better Videos On iPhone
How Can I Change My iCloud Account On My iPhone?
1. Sign Out Of Your Present iCloud Account
Before signing out of your iCloud account, ensure copies of every info you need that might be saved in that iCloud account are stored elsewhere. Specifically, if you have passwords in your iCloud that are not copied somewhere else, ensure you note them.
To view all your saved passwords, head to Settings > Passwords > Website & App Passwords. Make use of Touch ID, Face ID, or your passcode to unlock the list of passwords stored in your present iCloud keychain.
When you are prepared to sign out of your iCloud account, these are the instructions to adhere to:
- Launch your Settings application.
- Click on your name at the top.
- Swipe down to the bottom of the next display and click “Sign Out.”
- Select “Sign Out of iCloud.”
- You will be told to click Sign Out one more time before you get signed out.
Now your iOS device will be a blank slate, prepared to sign in to a fresh iCloud account.
2. Sign Into A Different iCloud Account
As you set up a new iPhone, you will be asked to type in your Apple ID. This is an email address and password that will unlock your iCloud account. If you have none, create a fresh account on your device.
To get yourself signed into a new or another iCloud account on your iPhone, adhere to these instructions:
- Launch Settings on your iOS device.
- Click Sign In to [Your iPhone’s name.]
- When directed, enter the Apple ID and password that you wish to use.
Your Apple ID is your pass to access the iTunes & App Stores. After signing in, your account will instantly connect on iCloud and the stores.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Ensure Faulty Camera Issue On iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus Is Resolved
3. Sign Into Another Account For iTunes & App Store
Using another sign in for iCloud and the iTunes & App Store purchases is also possible.
- After signing into iCloud, head back to Settings.
- Click your name.
- Swipe down and click iTunes & App Store.
- Click your Apple ID.
- In the display that will be visible, select Sign Out. You will instantly get signed out.
- Click Sign In.
- On the window that will be seen, type in the Apple ID and password you wish to use for the iTunes & App Stores.
This will ensure your entire device is signed into one iCloud account, and the iTunes and App Stores are signed into a different one.