We will be showing you how you can change your Xiaomi mi band 3 Chinese to English language. That is if you got the Chinese version and not the global version.
The MI Band 3 was released not too long ago and got a review unit which we unboxed and reviewed. However, we found out that it was in Chinese and there no way included in the box to change it to English. This didn't come as a surprise to us we knew Xiaomi is a Chinese company and most of this devices are majorly made for the Chinese market - except for the global versions of some of their devices which supports English language for other countries.
If you waited and got the Mi band 3 Global version then it would have came in English. However, if you couldn't wait and got the Chinese version like we did then there is still a way to change it. We got digging and finally found out a way to change Xiaomi mi band 3 Chinese to English language. The method we used to achieve this involved installing a modified Mi-Fit apk in other to be able to install a patched firmware that changes the Chinese language to English.
How To Change Xiaomi MI Band 3 Chinese To English Language
Warning: Use this method at your own risk.
- First, you will need to uninstall the MI Fit App you have Installed on your phone.
- Now, Download the Modified Mi-Fit App Apk and Install it on your phone.
- Once the installation process is complete, you can now connect your phone to your Mi Band 3 through the Modified Mi-Fit App.
- Once the two devices are connected, we can proceed to install the patched firmware.
- To do this, Open the Modified Mi-Fit App on your Phone and Goto Profile >> Settings >> Check For Updates.
- This will initiate a firmware update. Wait for the process to be completed. Once it is done. Your Mi Band 3 will be in English.
- You can now uninstall the Modified Mi-Fit App and Install the one from google play store.
Don't want to go through the process above?
If you don't want to go through the process above and would like a more simple way to change your Xioami mi band 3 Chinese to English language. Then you can just Update the MI Fit App from the Google Play Store if you already have it installed. If you don't, then download it.
The MI Fit App (Version 3.4.2 and higher) from the Google play store seem to support English language Now. However, some users have been complaining of the MI Band 3 language changing to Chinese as soon as you change your phone language from English to any other language. So you might want to leave your phone language in English.
The first method seems to be the best method if you want to change Xiaomi mi band 3 Chinese to English language. If you don't want to go through the process of installing and uninstalling of apps then you simply just update the mi fit app if your phone is in the English language.