Several social media platforms do not allow you to change your username as soon as the account is set up, because it is a basic identifying element of the account. This is why it is quite shocking that Instagram makes that happen for users.
The platform allows you to change your username whenever you want. You are even free to change both your display name and username, from the iPhone or Android mobile applications. It can be done on your PC in a web browser too.
Bear in mind that even if you can change your display name to anything, it does not have to be unique. Your username is different. It must not be used by another user at that time. Instagram will also notify you if your preferred username is not available and your changes cannot be saved until you pick a unique username. Let’s break things down nicely for you:
How Can I Change My Instagram Name In The App?
- Launch the Instagram application.
- Click your account icon in the bottom right of the screen and head to your profile page.
- If you have more than 1 account configured in the application, click the account name at the top of the screen and select the account you wish to change.
- Click “Edit Profile.”
- On the Edit Profile page, click the field close to Name or Username and enter your changes. As soon as you are prepared to save your changes, click “Done.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I Link My Facebook And Instagram Accounts?
How Can I Change My Instagram Name In A Web Browser?
- In a web browser, head to https://www.instagram.com/.
- Tap the count icon at the top right of the display.
- Tap “Edit Profile.”
- Tap the Name or Username field and enter your changes. When you are prepared to save your changes, tap “Submit.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I Contact Instagram For Help With My Account?