Anytime you start your PC, you can see its basic configuration details in the PC information screen or the Windows System. But these details will not break things down for you nicely, the way you will view it from the system utility. There, you will every aspect of your computer’s details as regards system configuration.
A few vital info you will get from system information utility are the laptop model, services that are presently installed and running, detailed information about hardware components such as disk drive and devices. The system information can always be run by making use of the Windows Run command.
Windows possesses a built-in utility that is useful for gathering the computer’s configuration details.
Adhere to the instructions below to know your computer’s configuration in detail:
Ensure the Windows Key is pressed. This will reveal the Start screen.
Enter "Run". Select "Run" from the list of results that will be visible on the display.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Find The Right Laptop For You
In the Open field, enter "msinfo32". When that is done, tap "OK". This will display your system info window on the screen. Here, you can view the detailed info about the system configuration. On the left pane of the window, the list of categories will be seen and on the right side of the window pane, the descriptions for all the categories will be shown to you.
From the right pane of the window you are viewing, it is possible to know the general configuration of your computer. Information like BIOS version and the physical memory.
From the items listed, select the info you need and double tap on it. A list of sub-categories will be revealed. Tap the sub-category to see the detailed info on the sub-category. For example, if you want to view the display related info of your computer, double tap on "Components," and after that, tap "Display." The 3 categories available to you include "Hardware Resources," "Components" and "Software Environment."
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Ensure Your Apple Laptop Does Not Overheat
Other Ways To Know The System Configuration Of Your Laptop
- Tap "Start," and then type "system" in the search field. Select "system information" below the "programs."
- Tap "System summary" and the details concerning the OS installed on the PC, information about the processor and the basic input and output systems and the RAM will be visible.
- Double-tap "Components." A list will be shown to you, choose a hardware device. You will be shown details about its name, manufacturing company’s name, location of the driver and more information.
- Tap "Start," right-tap "Computer" and after that, tap "Properties". This will reveal your PC’s computer make and model, operating system, RAM specifications, and processor model.
- Are you using a Windows laptop, info about the motherboard make and model cannot be seen. But you can install applications such as CPU-Z or SiSoftware Sandra to find out about the motherboard.