Television is rapidly changing in the world with the herald of video streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Hotstar, Amazon Prime, etc. DTH may soon become a thing of the past. Streaming video services offer not only the best content but also offer viewers a real choice. They can choose what they want from millions of TV shows, movies, documentaries, etc. The last entry in the video streaming segment is Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Amazon Fire Stick is an exclusive offer from Amazon and offers a multitude of services such as Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, Gaana and many others. But this is not the only highlight of the Fire Stick. I guessed it right. The Fire Stick remote control comes with the Alexa stand. So you can just sit on your couch and check everything through your voice. Unbelievable, isn’t it?
If you’re planning to buy Amazon Fire TV Stick or you’ve already purchased it and are worrying about how to set it up, then sit back and relax. We’re here to help you with the first Amazon Fire TV Stick setup on your TV. Just follow these steps and the rest will be a breeze.
There are many reasons to buy an Amazon Fire TV Stick. It allows you to create a Smart TV from a normal TV and easily access all streaming video apps. Even if you have a smart TV, the Fire Stick interface is probably faster and less problematic than anything else pre-installed on your TV. More importantly, it is also economic. If you bought one and you’re ready to go, here’s all you need to know about setting up Amazon Fire Stick!
What you need to configure Amazon Fire TV Stick
But before we start this tutorial, we’ve listed below everything we need to configure Amazon Fire TV Stick. These are the things you will need to set up and run Amazon Fire TV Stick. Please note that these things obviously will not be included in your Amazon Fire TV Stick box these are:
- The first thing you need to do is make sure the Fire Stick works with your TV. You’re good and you have HD (or higher) resolution and an HDMI port. You can get around the requirement of the HDMI port with the right HDMI to AV converter.
- You will need a good internet connection. Each video streaming app has similar minimum speed requirements. For example, Amazon Prime Video requires a 1Mbps connection for SD content. HD and Full HD increase the minimum speed to 3.5 Mbps and reach 15 Mbps for 4K content. Obviously, faster is better.
- Of course, you’ll also need Amazon Fire TV Stick. It is currently priced at $ 39.99 for the 1080p version and gives you an additional € 10 for a device with 4K functionality. Keep in mind that discounts and special offers are often available that make the Fire Stick even more economical.
- Having an Amazon account already makes the installation process faster. When you buy the device on Amazon, you will be asked if you want to connect the Fire Stick to your account.
How to configure Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Plug the USB cable into the power brick and the Amazon Fire TV Stick micro-USB port.
- Connect the Fire Stick to an HDMI port and connect the Power Brick to a nearby outlet. The cable in the box is quite long. But some may need an extra-long cable to meet their needs.
- Turn on the TV and use the Source button on the TV remote control (not on the Fire Stick remote control) to open the correct HDMI channel. In some cases, the port will recognize the device and display “Amazon Fire Stick”.
- When charging the device (it may take a few minutes), configure the Fire Stick remote control. Insert two AAA batteries into the remote control. Find an arrow looking up at the back. Place your thumb on that mark and gently push to slide up the back cover.
- To use the remote control, use the ring around the center button to move around the user interface. Press the center button when prompted to accept a selection.
- Once the Fire Stick is selected, press the play/pause button to begin the installation process.
- First, select the language.
- You will then need to connect to a Wi-Fi network. The device automatically scans and lists nearby networks. Enter the Wi-Fi password (if required).
- If you have already connected the Fire Stick to your account, the device will ask you for confirmation.
- If not, you will need to add your account information. You can also create a new account, if necessary.
- Once the registration process is complete, you will be asked if you want to save the Wi-Fi password on your Amazon account. If you have or plan to buy other Amazon products, it might be a good idea to confirm here.
- Parental Control can also be set if necessary.
You have just finished configuring configure Amazon Fire TV Stick.
How to install app on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- On the homepage, go to the top menu bar and press right to go to the App section.
- You can scroll through the Feature apps or go right to find games and app categories.
- Click on an app you want to add to the Fire Stick and select Download.
- Please note that not all apps are free.
- If you know what you are looking for, go to the Search section (going left from Home in the top bar). Enter the name of the app and select the search result above. If the app is available, you will be able to download it.
This is all you need to know about configuring to configure Amazon Fire TV Stick!