It is possible to connect and mirror your Google Pixel 3 smartphone to your TV to play Netflix, Hulu, YouTube content, or any screen on your Android device. You just need to adhere to the below instructions. Let's break it down for you:
How Can I Connect Google Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL To Your TV?
1. Non-Rooted Devices
If you own a non-rooted user Google Pixel device, your sure way to mirror your screen would require the use of Chromecast. Using Miracast technology cannot happen on non-rooted phones. This is how to go about it:
- If you do not own a smart TV that supports Chromecast, get a Google Chromecast and connect it to the HDMI port on your television.
- Connect to Chromcast to a power source through the USB plug.
- Make sure Chromecast and Pixel are connected to one Wi-Fi network.
- Get the Google Home application installed on your Pixel.
- Adhere to the instructions of the wizard to set up your phone with your TV.
- Applications like Netflix and YouTube will immediately possess a "Cast" Android Chromecast button inside each app that can be used to send the video to the TV. If you wish to mirror everything on the phone, launch the Chromecast application, choose "Menu", select "Cast Screen/audio," then choose your Chromecast device on the list.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Unlock Your Google Pixel Phone?
2. Rooted Devices
Rooted phones can use Miracast technology to mirror the screen. If you already own a TV that supports Miracast connection, that is all you need to mirror the screen from your Pixel to the TV. All television sets link up differently. Confirm the documentation on your television to discover how to connect a device through Miracast.
If your television does not support Miracast, a set-top box that supports it can be used. The popular options are the Roku and Amazon Fire TV. A Miracast Video Adapter is a useful option as well.
Activate Miracast on your Pixel by editing the build.prop file using these instructions:
- Get BuildProp Editor downloaded and installed.
- Choose "Menu" at the upper-right corner, then select "Add" then "New."
- Set the property name to "persist.debug.wfd.enable," then set the Value to "1"
- Restart your phone.
- You will be able to cast your screen to a Miracast device. Activate the option under "Settings" > "Display" > "Cast" > "Menu" > "Enable wireless display."
You Might Also Want To Read: How Can I Reset My Google Pixel To Its Factory Settings?