Google recently unveiled the next series of Pixel devices at its I/O event. The Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL were launched as budget devices with reasonable pricing and users have been loving it. In this tutorial, we will discuss different ways to connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV for those that need that information.
Everyone believed the Pocophone F1 was the best budget device around when it was released until Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL devices showed up. It is powered by a Snapdragon 670 chipset and it has a 1080P OLED display. The phone has the camera quality of the older Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL but it is not water-resistant. Let’s jump right into
How Can I Connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV?
1. Using The Chromecast
You Might Also Want To Read: How Can I Reset My Google Pixel To Its Factory Settings?
Not only for the recently released Pixel devices, but the Chromecast is also one of the most appropriate ways to connect any Android phone that supports screen mirroring to a Television. Other than this, Google Chromecast is an affordable way to stream video content to your television providing access to Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and other services. To set it up, do this:
- Get the Chromecast device plugged into your TV HDMI port.
- Get the Google Home application installed on your Android phone. Be aware that Chromecast supports Android phones running on Android 4.4.2 and above.
- Make sure your Android phone and Chromecast are connected to one network.
- Launch the downloaded Google Home application on your Android phone.
- Click “Get Started” or locate the device card > Set up.
- Confirm your Google Account when asked to.
- Allow location access for Google Home application by activating location feature on your Android phone and allow when asked to.
- The Google Home application will scan for closeby Chromecast devices, just click your own and then Next.
- If your device is nowhere to be found, click “Don’t see my device.” The Google Home application will scan one more time.
- Setup your Region and Room in which you are. Click Next.
- Get your Chromecast connected to the same WIFI or internet connection as the Android phone.
- The Chromecast will now be connected to your Google Account to give you a personalized experience.
2. Using All-Share Hub
A different way to connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV is by making use of the wired All-share. There are several kinds and Samsung also sells it as one of the accessories for its Galaxy devices. Users can connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to TV with it. They can be gotten on Amazon.
- Using an HDMI cord, get your All-share hub connected to your television.
- Ensure there is an active wireless connection on your Pixel on your device. Connect the All-share hub to the exact internet wireless connection on your smartphone.
- On your Pixel device, head to “Access Settings” and choose “Screen Mirroring.”
- Your Pixel phone’s screen is cast to your TV.
3. Using Miracast
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Unlock Your Google Pixel Phone?
A different way to connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV is by making use of Miracast. Pls, note that this only functions for Rooted Pixel devices. The Miracast resembles a normal USB drive and no internet connection is required. You just have to plug into your TV.
To make your Pixel phone work with Miracast, there are instructions to adhere to:
- Get BuildProp editor installed. A Google search will bring it out.
- Click “Add New” at the top right corner of your display.
- You should change the property name to “persist.debug.wfd.enable”
- Change value to “1.”
- Reboot your Pixel device.
- Head to Settings > Display >Cast >Menu > Enable Wireless Display.
And that is that. Your Pixel screen will be shown on your television.