VPN (virtual private network) as the name implies gives you the opportunity to access a private network through public networks just like a firewall protects your data on your computer; the world is a global village where about 60 percent of the inhabitants surf the internet daily. The Internet is still a digital jungle were hackers steal relevant information from a private sector that is ill-equipped thereby rendering the sensitive information so common in other words it can be known as public information whereas is private information, so instead of been mucked in public networks, you can avoid it using VPN.
TYPES OF VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK(VPN)
We have two kinds of VPN namely:
- REMOTE ACCESS OR PRIVATE VPN
- SITE-TO SITE – OR Public VPN
REMOTE ACCESS OR PRIVATE VPN: This is one that is restricted from many people or group of people gaining access to it. For example, a company whose private network is run by only the employees makes use of PRIVATE VPN, and before you can be able to gain access to it, you must meet the companies IT Department they will then give you the internet access and other information required to connect.
PUBLIC VPN: this is one that everybody has access to, everyone is given the opportunity to access at any point in time, though it might be restricted in some aspects , it is used in various companies, some will be required to pay for the service before they are allowed to gain access, the service plan can be sold to anyone that wants it, given the internet connection details, and connect to the VPN right away. You can find those details on the service web site or in a welcome email.
TO ELUCIDATE MORE:
Private VPN is usually used to access the data of private individual or firm, whereas public VPN is used to hide internet activities or get region blocking restrictions
How to get an excellent public VPN
We advice going for a VPN that cares about privacy, we can advice going for Express VPN and CyberGhost, a good reputable VPNs is not sold at a chip rate since it gives privacy to the firm, individual, etc., it worth the price,
HOW TO CONNECT A VPN ON WINDOWS 10
Is good to know that Windows 10 has built-in VPN settings that make the process very easy before we start discussing on how to set up a VPN try familiarizing yourself with the major VPN protocols currently available and choose the one that is best for you, protocols like L2TP. NOTE: PPTP is insecure so avoid it.
- Go to control panel on your pc
- Click on change adapter settings on your keyboard press an ALT key to bring out additional menu
- Go to file and click” new incoming connection” select the user you want to connect the VPN, make sure that the user has a password or you can create one by clicking “ add someone.”
- Click next; you will see another dialog box “ how do people connect to the internet” make sure that is checked
- Click the next button and leave everything default, click on allow access, at the point the incoming connection has been created, make sure you write the computers name because you will need this in the future and then close.
With this, you have successfully set up a VPN.