Do you want to deactivate/activate Siri on iPhone Xr ? If your answer to this question is Yes then you’re in the right spot. Siri, according to apple is an intelligent Personal Assistant that helps you get lot of things on your iPhone, Apple TV, Apple Watch done. Simply put, Siri can carry out actions at your request. You can ask Siri to dial a number for your, open a app, make a search on the internet and much more. On older iPhones, Siri can be Accessed by pressing the home button which doubles as a fingerprint sensor, also known as the Touch ID.
The new budget iPhone; iPhone Xr does not have a physical home button, same with the other two iPhones; iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max because of the full screen display. This has prompted apple to find another way to wake up Siri when you need it. This new method is what we will be teaching you in this guide.
How To Deactivate/Activate Siri On iPhone Xr
There are two ways to pull up Siri on your iPhone Xr, but first, you’ll have to set it up. To do that, simply follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone Xr, Navigate to the Settings Menu.
- Scroll down and Click on Siri & Search >> Listen to Siri then set up your personal assistant (Siri) to recognize your voice.
- Once you’re done with that then the hard part is over.
- Now all you have to do whenever you want to wake up Siri is simply say “Hey Siri”. Your iPhone will recognize your voice and wake up Siri instantly.
- Alternatively, if you can’t use your voice to wake up Siri, probably when you are in a noisy place or just don’t feel like using your voice, you can simply Press and hold the Side Button for about 2 to 3 seconds then release. Siri will instantly come up to take your request.
If you would like to deactivate Siri at anytime in the future, you can do that by simply going to Settings >> General >> Siri >> Toggle Off Siri >> Turn Off Siri. When you do this, saying “Hey Siri” or Long Pressing the side button will no longer wake Siri.
That’s pretty much how to deactivate/activate Siri on iPhone Xr. If you still have questions about this piece or Siri, you can drop a comment down below in the comment section and we will see it.