With over 50 million users all over the globe swiping and matching on a daily basis, Tinder has to be king when it comes dating apps worldwide. Since the app began to exist 7 years ago, there has been over 20 billion matches. Thats massive.
Interestingly though, some folks do not receive enough matches while others have more than enough. There are reasons why you might need to get rid of some or every of your matches, and they are:
- You recently swiped left on so many interesting people.
- You have matches from all places you have stayed in and traveled to.
- You intend to give those who swiped left on you a second chance.
- You plan to rematch with the same individual to bring back an old chemistry.
- You have a change of heart on some matches you’ve made on the dating app.
- An individual you’ve matched with is looking like a totally wrong person.
Whether you plan to do away with an annoying match or you just want old things to pass away in your Tinder account, in this tutorial, i explain it all clearly.
Get Rid Of Matches One By One
It is quite simple to delete a single match than getting rid of several at the same time. If your aim is to delete a single match, the process is quite easy. To unmatch someone:
- Head to the individual’s profile, select the three-dot symbol in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- After that, click “Unmatch.” This will get you out of the person’s matches, and likewise, them from yours.
Please be aware that this will also prevent the match from communicating with you. Bear in mind that unmatching is not temporary, but permanent, and will not be undone easily. It is however possible to match with the individual once more when you see him or her in your stack again.
Get Rid Of All Your Matches
Do you plan to delete all your matches simultaneously and be back to Tinder Zero? You might first think of deleting and reinstalling the app on your device, but on its own, deleting Tinder will not get rid of your Tinder account. So every match of yours and messages will still be visible to you when you re-download the app.
Deleting your Tinder account alone is not the answer, but that is how we begin the process of getting rid of all your matches. To delete your Tinder account, you will need the help of Tinder’s app interface.
- Launch the Tinder app and, under your profile picture, click “Settings.”
- As soon you access Settings, scroll all the way to the bottom.
- Click “Delete Account.”
- Tinder will confirm that you want to delete your account with several screens. The first screen will ask if you would prefer to simply pause your account. Pausing it will not reset your matches. After that, you will be asked to select from one of six reason for exiting the app. Lastly, it asks for feedback before letting you tap “Submit & Delete Account”. Tap it if you still want to delete your account.
There you go, your Tinder account is deleted. But your matches are still very much around.
Since all Tinder accounts are hooked up to a Facebook account, whenever you register for a new Tinder account, your matches will be where you left them. You simply have to disconnect Tinder from Facebook.
- Login to your Facebook account and tap the little drop-down arrow in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Settings,” and then tap “Apps and Websites” in the left-hand column.
- Locate Tinder, tick the box close to its logo, and tap “Remove.”
If you feel the need to get your Tinder app back whenever you log into Tinder again after deleting it, a brand new account will now replace it. Do this if you plan to get rid of all your present matches and want a do-over to start things newly.
Also, bear in mind that if you have a paid Tinder Plus account, you will need to cancel your payment for it
separately, not via the Tinder app. Cancelling payment can be done via the platform you use, the Google platform or the Apple store.
There you go, you can now get rid of matches one by one via the Tinder app or delete your entire Tinder account to delete all matches.