This is How to Disable Background Apps on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus:
Most of the time when our phones lag, it is as a result of background apps running. In this guide, we will show you how to disable these apps on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
If you recently purchased the latest Samsung flagship smartphones, you may be having issues with its battery draining pretty fast. One of the reasons for this may be as a result of an app running in the background of the device. These apps may include lifestyle apps, email apps or even social networking apps and they drain so much power from your battery as a result of the constant update they deliver to your device. To fix this issue, we would recommend that you update these apps manually instead of setting them to automatically update.
Deactivating and Turning OFF the Background Data for All Services
- Turn on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Next up, go to the Settings app and then tap on the Data Usage option.
- Now, tap on the three-dotted icon at the top of the screen. A context menu will appear at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, untick the Auto-sync box. If you have already, proceed to the next step.
- Tap on OK to confirm your settings.
Turning OFF the Background Applications
Follow the steps below to turn off an application running in the background on your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Go to the Home screen of your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Next, tap on the Recent apps and then tap on the icon of the Active app.
- Now, you need to tap on the End option next to the app.
- Tap on the End all button.
- Tap on OK to confirm your action.
How to Deactivate Twitter’s Background Data
To disable Twitter’s background data on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Next, tap on the Accounts option and then tap on Twitter.
- Next, untick the Sync Twitter box.
That is all!
How to Disable Gmail and other Google Services’ Background Data
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Next, tap on the Accounts option and then tap on Google.
- Now, tap on the name of your account.
- Untick the box next to Google Services.
How to Disable Facebook’s Background Data
- Launch the Facebook app on your device and go to the settings menu.
- Next, tap on Refresh Interval and then tap on Never.
That is pretty much it!
By deactivating background data, the speed of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus will be boosted significantly. However, make sure to follow the steps above carefully so as to not further any damage or slowing issue your device is currently experiencing.
Was this guide helpful? Share your questions and feedback in the comments section below.