Face ID is arguably the most talked about feature on the new iPhone X. This feature has been made by Apple to be more secure than Touch ID. However, a case may arise where you may need to disable the Face ID on your iPhone X temporarily.
If, however, you are faced with such issues where you have to disable Face ID, maybe you feel you are not safe, and someone might be trying to unlock your iPhone X to steal your personal information from your device, you can quickly disable the Face ID on your iPhone X temporarily. After you have disabled the feature on your device, you will have to use your passcode to unlock your iPhone X then re-enable the Face ID. To learn how this feature works and how to use it, continue reading the guide below.
How to Temporarily Turn Off Face ID on iPhone X
To quickly disable Face ID on your iPhone X temporarily, follow the steps below.
- First off, make sure your iPhone X is turned on.
- Go to the Lock screen.
- Now, quickly press the power button on your iPhone X five times.
- The Power Off/SOS screen will come up on your screen. Tap on the Cancel button.
- Now you will need to enter Passcode on your iPhone X to unlock it and also re-enable Face ID.
Note: This method can also be used to disable Touch ID on your iPhone or iPad temporarily.
How To Temporarily Disable Face ID on Your iPhone X(Alternative Method)
This method below is alternative to the one above to temporarily disable Face ID on your iPhone X. When you use this way, you will also need to unlock your device using Passcode.
- First off, restart your iPhone X.
- Next, make five failed attempts to unlock your iPhone X.
- Now, press and hold the Wake/Sleep button and the volume button for a few seconds to reboot your iPhone X.
When it reboots, you will only be able to use Passcode to unlock your iPhone X.
How to Completely Disable Face ID on iPhone X
If you want to disable Face ID on your iPhone X completely, you can quickly do this. Read on.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone X.
- Tap on the Face ID & Passcode option.
- Now, tap on “Use Face ID.”
- Tap on any other option to disable iPhone unlock.
Just as people used to doubt the security of the iPhone 5S when Touch ID was just introduced, people also have doubts about the Face ID. However, soon as people began to use the Touch ID on the iPhone 5S, not only did their doubt turn into trust but this feature became an important part of the iPhone. So, I believe once people get to try out the Face ID, they will also find the feature to be more efficient.
So what do you think about Face ID on the new iPhone X? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.