The new version of the Instagram app comes with the feature which shows the activity status indicator dot. As such, you can quickly find out who is online to start a conversation with them. Although this feature can be helpful in many ways, it also has a downside since it exposes your privacy. However, not to worry as you have the option to disable your Instagram activity status if you don’t wish to show your online status.
A green dot will be displayed below the profile picture of a user when the user is online. You can check your Direct inbox and friends list to find the green dot. This allows you to view the status of people you follow and those you have had a conversation with via Instagram Direct.
How to Disable Instagram Activity Status on iPhone and Android Phone
- First off, launch the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Next up, tap on the profile tab at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, on your iOS device, you need to tap on the gear icon. On your Android device, tap on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on Activity Status.
- Finally, toggle off the switch beside the show Activity Status option.
From now on, no one will be able to see if you’re online. Also, you will not be able to see if others are online either.
So what do you think of this update? Will you keep it enabled or turn it off? Feel free to tell us what you think in the comments section below.