Bank Verification Number also known as BVN is a biometric identification system brought to you by the Central Bank of Nigeria to decrease illegal banking transactions in the country, plus it is also a security measure put together in accordance to the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 1958 to curb fraud in the banking industry.
- 1. What Can Make You Want To Effect BVN Change Of Name?
- 2. 1. Irregular Names In Account
- 3. 2. Incorrect Date Of Birth
- 4. 3. Marriage Causes
- 5. 1. Newspaper Publication And Affidavit
- 6. 2. Marriage Certificate And Newspaper Publication
- 7. 3. Affidavit And ID Card Plus The Right Date Of Birth
- 8. How You Can Change BVN Name
- 9. Wrapping Up
I know you might be battling several difficulties, attempting to right several errors on your BVN right now. These type of errors will prevent you from accessing your hard earned cash you have saved in your bank account since your bank will dishonor any withdrawal from you, asking you to correct your BVN problems in your bank account before that can be possible. It can be frustrating.
However, you can calm down now because a solution is here. Below is all you need to know to be able to overcome your BVN challenge.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Watch Ariana Grande Perform At Coachella Today?
What Can Make You Want To Effect BVN Change Of Name?
- Irregular names in account.
- Incorrect date of birth.
- Marriage causes.
1. Irregular Names In Account
This is a case of an account user having various names in several accounts, but since the reason for BVN is to unite all accounts owned by a customer with one name pattern, the need to change names to a more preferred uniform approach is necessary.
2. Incorrect Date Of Birth
Account users can either unintentionally or knowingly provide incorrect date of birth when they open their account, this can have a negative effect on this kind of customers when it is time to link their BVN’s. It is therefore compulsory to be attentive to the details as you open your accounts.
3. Marriage Causes
When a lady gets married and starts using her hubby’s name. Some things have changed. Her surname will need to be replaced with that of her man. She cannot just proceed to open an account with the new name in a different bank due to this irregularity, hence, BVN change of name is key.
Not to worry though. All these can be solved. And the solution is provided below. Just adhere to the instructions below to effect BVN change of name:
1. Newspaper Publication And Affidavit
You can do a newspaper publication displaying the correct name plus an affidavit. This concerns men and single women that carelessly used different names at several banks to open accounts. Head to a court of competent jurisdiction and apply for an affidavit with your desired name. The name should be on a national daily, have a copy of the publication to present to your bank. And you are done.
2. Marriage Certificate And Newspaper Publication
This one is only for married women who no longer use their father’s last name and now use that of their husbands in account opening. In such scenario, you will need to present your marriage certificate showing your desired name and a newspaper published copy. You might also need to present your ID card in some scenarios.
3. Affidavit And ID Card Plus The Right Date Of Birth
You will need to provide an affidavit and ID card and the correct date of birth to get this done.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Fix Calls Keep Dropping On Samsung Galaxy S10
How You Can Change BVN Name
It is possible to change your BVN name as deemed suitable, but do not forget you will need to have an ID card that must corroborate the name you intend to use. To change your BVN name, do this:
- Head to a court of competent jurisdiction with a valid ID card and receive an affidavit.
- Get this published in a national daily/newspaper for a token, purchase the paper and head to the bank.
- You will receive a BVN correction form you will need to fill plus a customer information update, according to what your case is.
- As soon as everything is certified, your BVN change of name will be done in less than a day.
For the scenarios we touched on, you might be given a customer information update form to fill like we discussed earlier. You can also check https://www.bvnvalidationportal.nibbs-plc.com.ng