watchOS 6 is designed to turn the Apple Watch experience up a notch with a new standalone App Store and advanced health & fitness-centric features like “Activity Trends” and “Hearing Health”. Now you can install apps on the Apple Watch running watchOS 6 and this could be a catalyst in making Apple’s smartwatch break even more boundaries.
Taking into account the number of new features the OS comes with as well as how promising it looks, right now downloading and installing watchOS 6 on beta 4 on Apple Watch is just a must so as to be able to have a sneak peek at all the new add-ons. If you would also like to try out these yet-to-be-released features, you should also install the latest beta version on your smartwatch.
Before you proceed, however, you shouldn't expect the newest beta version to run as smoothly for now as there will be many bugs. This is because the software will still go through many changes and improvements. So, if you can endure that, then should proceed to get the beta update. Let's get to it!
How to Download and Install watchOS 6 Beta 4 on Apple Watch
Before you proceed, you need to make sure that the iPhone paired to your Apple Watch is running the latest iOS 13 beta 4 and is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network.
You also need to have at least 50% of battery power on your Watch and be connected to a magnetic charger.
- First off, launch a web browser on your iPhone and go to Developer.apple.com.
- Next, go to the watchOS 6 download page and then tap on Download watchOS 5.2 beta Configuration Profile.
- Now, you need to select Apple Watch as the device for beta testing. Next, tap on Install.
- Type in your Apple ID passcode and then tap on Install again to confirm.
- When it's done downloading, restart your smartwatch.
- Once it's done rebooting, proceed to install the update as usual.
- Go to your iPhone and launch the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on My Watch tab and then tap on General.
- Hit Software Update and then Download and Install.
- Next, you will be required to enter your iPhone passcode and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Tap on Install.
The update will begin to install. Make sure to leave the process uninterrupted. You can see the progress of the update by checking your smartwatch. Once the update process is complete, you will be ready to take the OS for a long spin.
You can now go on your extensive search to find new hidden features and get a front seat to see the much-talked-about new add-ons. Make sure to leave your revies in the comments below.