Apple seems to have timed iPadOS 13 well for iPad. Apple has done a lot to cover most of the demands by introducing a desktop-class web browsing and a top-notch file management system.
Now, to know whether Apple has made success in its effort or not, it only seems right to download and install the beta version on your iPad and try out all the new features. Of course, its a bit early to expect the OS to provide high-end performance.
I would advise that before you proceed to install the OS, make sure to back up your iPad and make sure all your essential files are secure. There have been cases of certain unfortunate events which might result in the loss of important files. The worst part, they happen when you least expect.
How to Download and Install iPadOS Developer Beta 6 on iPad
In terms of compatibility, iPadOS can be installed on iPad Mini 4 and later. They are also compatible with all iPad Pro models. Also, make sure that you have a Mac running macOS Catalina.
- First off, go to the Apple developer page.
- Next up, download the restore image for the respective iPad model.
- Now, you need to connect your iPad to your Mac and then go to Finder.
- Click on the iPad at the upper left corner of the Finder.
- Now, press and hold the Option key and then click on “Restore iPad.”
- Now, proceed to select the beta to restore the image.
- Click Open to begin the installation process.
- Finally, wait a few moments for the restore image to complete the installation.
Once it is complete, you can go through the basic activation process.
Make sure to let us know what you think of the new iPadOS in the comments below. Also, let us know if you face any issues while following the steps above.