We’re going to share a detailed guide on how to download and install the latest version of Odin on Samsung devices. Good news for all Samsung users now the latest version of Odin is available for download and installation on the PC.
If you are a user of Samsung Galaxy smartphones and are looking for a guide on how to install the official firmware of your device, in this article I will teach you how to install the official firmware on any Samsung device using the Odin tool.
Samsung is one of the largest smartphone manufacturing companies in the world and is also concerned with providing us with the tools necessary to install or restore the official firmware on their smartphones. So, if you have problems with the software or your smartphone seems “almost” dead, justdownload the latest version of Odin and install an official firmware on the device.
Samsung has officially developed a tool known as Odin that does just this job, it serves to install custom firmware and ROMs on Samsung Galaxy phones. Odin is available for free to end-users. Below we share a detailed guide on how to download and install the latest version of Odin on Samsung devices.
Please note that the Odin tool only supports files with “.tar” and “.tar.md5” extensions, it does not recognize the.zip extension.
Download Odin (all versions)
- Odin3_v3.13.1.zip (Latest version)
- Odin3_v3.11.1.zip (Marshmallow firmware)
- Odin3_v3.10.7.zip (Marshmallow firmware)
- Odin3_v3.09.zip (KitKat / JellyBean firmware)
- Odin3_v1.85.zip (Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread firmware)
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
How to download and install the latest version of Odin
- Download the latest version of Odin on your PC.
- Unzip the newly downloaded Odin file (the.zip file) on the PC desktop for easy access.
- Open the Odin folder extracted on your Windows PC. Double-click on the “Odin vx.xx.exe” file to run Odin.
- Now start your smartphone in download mode.
- Now while Odin is running, connect the device via the USB data cable to the PC.
- Odin will automatically detect your device. [The “ID: COM“port turns blue and the message “added” is displayed.
- Now on the Odin screen click on the “AP” button and then select the required file. md5, which you downloaded for installation.
- Then click on the “Start” button. (But make sure the “re-partition” box is unchecked).
- Wait for the installation. Odin will display the message “PASS” and the device will restart automatically.