The TikTok app is becoming increasingly popular, with millions of users sharing funny videos on this platform every day. With so many fun content passing by, it can become difficult to track and remember every video you see. That’s why you might want to download TikTok videos on iPhone in a personal archive, so you can come back later or watch it with your friends.
If you have an iPhone, you may have difficulty downloading the video directly via the app. But don’t worry: there are some ways you can try.
How to download TikTok videos to iPhone via the “Save Video” function.
The easiest way to download videos directly to your iPhone is via the “Save Video” function. This option will save the video in the device’s internal memory in a few simple steps. Here’s what you should do:
- Launch the TikTok app.
- Find a video on your feed that you want to save.
- Tap the “Share” button on the right side of the screen.
- Find and tap the “Save Video” button among the listed options.
- Wait for the video to download.
Later, you can find the downloaded video in the memory of your iPhone. You can find it in the download folder of your library or in the TikTok album of the Gallery app.
You should know that not all videos have a “Save Video” option. The availability of this feature depends on the settings of the user who posted that video. If the user sets their account and videos to private, the app will not allow you to save that video on your archive.
However, there are some options you can use to work around this limitation. More information on them in the following sections.
Download TikTok videos on iPhone via Instagram
If you can’t see the “Save Video” option on TikTok, you can use the Instagram function to download the video to your archive. Since you can send any TikTok video to your Instagram app and publish it as a story, you can also download it.
This process requires that you have a working Instagram account. In that case, it will automatically sync Tiktkok and you will see Instagram in the list of TikTok sharing options. Follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app and find the video you want to download.
- Touch the ‘Share’ icon to the right of the display.
- Select the “Stories” option from the list. The app will take you to the Instagram story editor.
- Tap the “Download” button at the top of the story screen. You should see the “Saved” notification.
- Exit the screen (if you don’t want to also publish the video about your story).
You should find the video in the “Stories of Instagram” album in the “Gallery” app. Alternatively, you can search for the downloaded video from the downloaded data in the ‘File’ app.
SAVE VIDEO AS GIF
Another way to download videos is to convert them to GIF format and save them as images on the device. This method is not possible with all videos (especially the longer ones), but sometimes it can be a cheap and light alternative.
To download a video as a GIF, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the video you want to save on your TikTok app.
- Select the “Share” button.
- Choose the “Share as GIF” option.
- Select the app you want to share with GIF (Whatsapp, Messenger, Viber, etc.)
- Send the GIF to yourself.
- Long press the GIF in the shared app.
- Select “Save”.
The GIF will remain in the internal memory of your iPhone.
Note: if you don’t see the ‘Share as GIF’ option when you tap the ‘Share’ button, you can’t convert that video into a GiF. In that case, you should choose the Instagram option or use the “Third-party app” method in the following section.
How to download TikTok videos on iPhone using third-party apps
In recent months, countless third-party apps have appeared that allow you to directly download videos to your device. While some still consider these apps a bit dangerous, most users use them to download TikTok videos.
To make this method work, you need to get Documents by Readdle from the App Store. You will need this reliable file management tool to help you download videos from TikTok on iPhone. After configuring it, follow these steps:
- Find the TikTok video you want to download.
- Select the “Share” button.
- Touch the “Copy link” option. You should see the “Copied” warning on the screen.
- Open the Documents app.
- Select the “Compass” button at the bottom right of the screen. This will open a web browser.
- Enter “TikTokvideodownload.com” in the address bar and go to the page.
- Paste the copied link into the empty bar of the website.
- Select “Download”.
- Scroll down and choose between video format and audio format (MP3).
- Download the video and press “Finish”.
- Tap the “Documents” icon at the bottom left of the app.
- Find the “Download” folder.
- Long press the downloaded video.
- Select the “Move” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Move the video to the desired location (usually, it is better to move it to the photo folder and then find the video later using the “Photos” app).
- Select “Move to photo”.
After you have done this, you can find your video in the “Photos” app.
CHOOSE WHAT TO DOWNLOAD
Although you can find countless funny and comical videos on TikTok, you should definitely not use them to discredit or tease.
Downloading videos of other users without their consent and above all sharing them with other people can be unethical, illegal and can even put you in legal trouble. On the other hand, keeping videos for personal entertainment is completely safe.
Why download TikTok videos? Have you ever shared yours?