The ISO files which were released have been for the Windows 10 anniversary update. According to a statement issued by Microsoft, the update for the Windows is entirely free for all users. With this, you can now download, mount and burn a disc of the latest version of the Windows 10 anniversary update ISO using either Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro.
The Windows 10 anniversary update ISO comes with different language options which you can get on the Microsoft ISO website to match whichever available language you want on your corresponding Windows 64 bit or 32-bit version. When you do this, it is important to make sure that the edition you download corresponds with your Windows edition else, you would need to get the correct licence by purchasing it.
To Check For the Edition, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings software
- Click on the system icon
- Click on about by the left side of the screen
- Beside edition, you will see the Windows update stand-alone installer where you will verify it.
Ways to Upgrade to Windows 10 anniversary
There are many other ways which you can update your Windows 10 anniversary update to the latest update.
- You can use the over the air upgrade which is the standard method for update.
- You can use the Media Creation Tool. The Media Creation Tool enables you have creative control over an ISO, and you can also keep your files when you upgrade your current PC.
- You can use and install refresh windows which contain no bloatware but does not erase content using the Windows 10 anniversary update.
The Windows update is good enough to do the upgrade, but if you are not okay with it, then you can go for other alternatives available for your PC.
The total size of the Windows update files is about 3.5GB, and that is the amount of data needed to download the update files when using the Windows Update Stand-alone Installer.
Please Share & Comments! TechLector wants to hear from you. Show us some love by commenting in the comment box below…