Performing a hard reset on your Android phone is normally the last resort when the phone begins to malfunction.
The reason for this is because the process gets rid of all the files, application data, and updates from the device in order to have it restored to its primary settings.
From time to time, performing this kind of reset is the only fix. Especially if the phone suddenly stops, freezes or fails to respond.
Fortunately, Archos 80b Platinum tab has 2 different options for a hard reset, and this tutorial is here to break them down.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to perform hard reset on Oppo Reno
How Can I Hard Reset My Archos 80b Platinum With Hardware Keys?
When you use hardware keys, you are making use of a less complicated method to perform a hard reset. It should be used when you cannot use the system’s app menu. This normally occurs when your phone gets infected with a malicious file or some applications take up more RAM than they can handle.
This can cause your tab to freeze and at times, the hardware master reset will be the only remedy. This step can be taken by using some buttons on your device. Adhere to these instructions:
- Hold the "Power" key for a while until the tab powers off. On Archos 80b Platinum, this key will be seen at the top-left corner on the back side of the tab.
- Press and hold the "Volume up" and "Power" buttons simultaneously.
- Hold on until the tab reveals the company logo.
- Release the "Power" but continue holding the "Volume up" key.
- Hold on for "Recovery mode" to be visible. It will reveal a lying Android bot with a red exclamation sign across it.
- Use the "Volume Up/Down" keys for navigation within the menu.
- Choose "wipe data/factory reset" from the menu.
- Tap the "Power" button for confirmation of the option.
- When asked, confirm that you need to get rid of all data by choosing "Yes." This will perform the hard reset.
- Select "reboot system now" from the menu.
- Press the "Power" button once more.
- The tab will reboot and it will take things back to its factory state.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to perform hard reset on Huawei Honor 20 Lite
How Can I Hard Reset My Archos 80b Platinum With The Settings App?
Your tab can be reset from the "Settings" application as well. To get this done, adhere to these instructions:
- Open the "Menu" from the home screen.
- Head to the "Settings" menu.
- Select "Backup and reset."
- Click "Factory data reset" below the "Personal data section."
- Choose "Reset device" when the new window is visible.
- Select "Erase everything" to begin the process.
- Hold on until the process is wrapped up and the phone will restart by itself.