Did your Apple Watch go missing or was it stolen? Do not panic because something can still be done to recover it. You can actually find your Apple Watch as long as it is online, and this will prevent others from using or having access to its data. To break everything down for you, see How To Find A Lost Or Stolen Apple Watch:
How Can I Find My Apple Watch Using My iPhone?
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Activate An Apple Watch And Set It Up For Use, With Your iPhone Closeby?
You Might Also Want To Read: How to use new App Store on Apple Watch
All Apple Watch owners must know that it is important to set up Find My iPhone on their paired iPhone by accessing Settings, Your name, iCloud, and lastly Find My iPhone. As soon as you activate it, your Apple Watch can be located seamlessly wherever it is.
Please note that Find My iPhone is the only way to find your Apple Watch online and it is impossible for Apple and authorities to monitor it via another means. If you wish to locate your stolen or missing Apple Watch today, adhere to the instructions below:
- Open the Find My application on your iOS device.
- Click “Devices.”
- Click your “Apple Watch” to view it on the map.
- If your Apple Watch is on the list, you can click “Play Sound” to make it ring, and “Directions” to navigate to it. Tap “Notify When Found” to be notified if the device is not found as soon as possible.
- Click “Activate” under the “Mark as Lost” section if you are sure that the Apple Watch is missing or has been stolen. By so doing, your passcode will be needed before anyone can deactivate Find My, reset your watch or pair with an iPhone.
- If your Apple Watch is not on the map and it has been marked as lost, you should change your Apple ID password and visit the nearest police station to report.
How Can I Find My Apple Watch Using My Computer?
You can locate your lost or stolen Apple Watch on any PC with a good web browser too. Just adhere to these instructions below:
- Head to iCloud.com and get yourself signed in with your Apple ID. If you have 2-step authentication activated, you might need to verify that you are the owner.
- Tap “Find iPhone.”
- Tap “All Devices,” then select your Apple Watch.
- If your Apple Watch is visible, you can tap “Play Sound” to make it ring, “Lost Mode” to limit access (just like Mark As Lost on iPhone,) or “Erase Apple Watch” to wipe the device.
- If the Apple Watch is not visible on the map, you should change your Apple ID password and visit the nearest police station to report.
That is that.