This guide contains steps to take in order to figure out everything Google knows about you.
The General Data Protection Regulation Law was as a result of the Facebook and Analytical Saga which states that tech websites and some other sites should give its users more control over their data and how it is being used. With this new law, websites are starting to roll out new Privacy policies detailing how your data is being used and giving you more control over your data.
All these have sort of awakened our curiosity, leading us to ask what information these sites have on us? And what we can do about it. We’ve discussed about how you can find out what Apple knows about you, and now we will be detailing how you can find out everything Google knows about you.
How To Find Out Everything Google Knows About You Through Your Android Phone
Google is a big name in the tech sphere, and if you are using or have used an Android device, then they will most likely have your data. From the videos you’ve watched on YouTube, to Calendar files, to Websites you’ve visited on your android phone. How many apps you’ve open and how many times you Open each app.
Basically, everything you’ve ever done with your Android device. However, all these data are solely used to improve and make its services better for you. Google will never sell your data and takes Privacy security very seriously. Ultimately, you also have control of your data, now more than ever.
To know what kind of activity on your Android device Google has stored, follow the steps below.
- Visit The Google MyActivity Website.
If you’re not logged in then Log In to your Google Account.
This is where you will see your all your Google Activity which contains a whole lot of stuff like the pictures below.
All these information/ Activities are safe with google, and you can find out more by clicking on Learn More.
However, if you would like to delete all those that have been stored on your activity page then follow the steps below.
- In The MyActivity Page, Click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Select Delete Activity By.
- Select Date and Choose from the Options. (Today, Yesterday, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, All Time)
- Now, Select Products and Choose from the Options. (All Products, Youtube, Ads, Android, Chrome etc.)
- Click On Delete.
That’s it. You’ve successfully deleted all your activity Google stored.
That’s not all
You can also request for everything Google knows about you in full. These Includes basic things like Name, age, phone numbers, location, IP address and locations where you have been to and a whole lot of other information. All these can be sent to your email or uploaded to the cloud at your request. To do this, simply follow the steps below.
- Go to Google’s Takeout Website
- Select the Data Categories you would like to get(Select All to get everything) and Click Next.
- Choose a File Format. I’ll recommend .Zip.
- Then choose the maximum file size. (If you choose 2GB and your data file is 8, it will split it into 4 Zip files. You can choose the maximum which is 50GB. Although your data might be more than that)
- Choose how you would like to get the Data File. (Email, DropBox, Google Drive, etc.)
- Select Create Archive.
That’s all. Give Google some time to compile and send the data file to you. This might take hours or days depending on how big your data file is. When you get it, you can now open it to see the various files in it. You should also note that doing this does not delete your data from Google servers; it only sends you a copy.
I’m sure finding out everything Google knows about you have been an eye-opener. Don’t hesitate to drop a comment down below and let us know what you think about this article. If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them also.