Connecting with people is one of the main aims of social media and online networking. And because making connections begin with locating the people you wish to connect with, it is very vital to know how you can go about it.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have several methods to search for people, but we will concentrate on Instagram in this tutorial. This site can be used to find people who share identical interests with you, so they can be added, or for you to follow their updates.
The most rampant way of locating people on social media networks is by searching for their usernames or real names. However, that will not help since several people bare the same real name and username on social media these days.
Also, going through the “searching for their usernames or real names” route could be very time-consuming and stressful. To save you that stress, we will show you how to find someone on social media via their phone number. See How To Find Someone On Instagram Using An Email Or Phone Number:
How Can I Find Someone On Instagram Using A Phone Number?
Checking your contacts or address book to find your friends is common on Facebook and Twitter. However, not a lot of people know that you can also find people via their phone numbers. It is actually a useful and secret feature and it is hidden within the Instagram application.
If you do not recall your friend’s username, full name e.t.c on Instagram, it is not the end of the world. You can find and contact them using their phone number, but it has to be a number they have added to their Instagram account.
To start, before anything else, you need to be certain that the person’s number is saved on your mobile device’s contact book. Also, if you wish to find more than one person, ensure their phone numbers are saved to your phone’s (Android or iOS) phone book. After that, adhere to these instructions:
1. Using The Native Option
- Open the Instagram application on your device and click the Profile icon at the bottom-left corner of the application.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to block someone on Instagram
- On your profile page, click the Hamburger menu icon at the top-right corner to see the profile option. Choose “Discover people.”
- On the “Find People” page, head to “Contacts” and click the “Connect contacts” button.
- If you are making use of this feature for the first time, Instagram will ask for access to your device’s contacts. Click “Allow” to grant Instagram access to your contact list. This will let the app access your contacts list and find the people that are on Instagram already.
- After you grant the app access to your contact, Instagram will instantly sync phone numbers from your mobile device to your account. Every Instagram account linked with a phone number on your contact will then be visible in the “Contacts” section of the “Find/Discover” people page. You can now select who you wish to follow.
- If the phone numbers on your contact list are not linked with an Instagram account, “No contacts available” will be visible.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to activate Instagram music feature
If you cannot find your friends by their phone number, they most likely signed up using a different number, or they do not even have a phone number on the social media platform.
2. Let Instagram Find Your Friends
- Open the Instagram application and head to the Profile section of the app.
- Click the Hamburger menu icon at the top left corner and choose “Settings” way down on the screen.
- On the app Settings page, choose “Follow and invite friends.”
- On the next page, choose “Follow contact” and Instagram will list out all the usernames linked to a phone number on your list of contacts.
- If none of the phone numbers on your contact list are on Instagram, a message saying “No contacts available” will be seen on the display.
Anytime your contact joins Instagram using their phone number, or connects their phone number to their Instagram account, they will immediately be visible in the “Contacts” section of the application.
How Can I Find Someone On Instagram Using Their Email Address?
Simply put, it is impossible.
That is that.