Slack is just brilliant for companies. It is a useful platform to coordinate and collaborate and an interesting place to familiarize yourself with your fellow organizers and activists when it is impossible to be in the same room at the same time.
It is simply a tool that can be used on PCs and smartphones to stay in touch with your team and keep everyone up to date with vital news and happenings. It could pass a chatroom for your entire team and users are allowed to communicate as a group via channels or privately through “direct messaging.”
As you already know, finding people on Slack can be challenging if your workspace is filled with lots of people or when you just joined the company. However, if you are aware of the name of the individual you are searching for, things get less complicated.
Simply open a new DM thread, where you can type in their name and start a conversation. Else, the regular search bar can be useful. Having said that, this tutorial will expatiate on how to make locating someone very easily. See How To Find Someone On Slack On A PC Or Smartphone:
How Can I Find Someone On Slack On A PC?
- Open Slack and get yourself logged into your workspace.
- Tap the plus sign close to “Direct Messages” in the left sidebar.
- If you know their name, type it into the search bar. Or, you can just tap “Search for people.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How You Can Run A Poll In Slack?
- If you type in their name, choose the correct contact when they are visible. If you tap “Search for people,” type in your query into the search bar, including any vital info, like a phrase they used in a recent message to a group you’re in, a group you are in, their title or other profile information.
How Can I Find Someone On Slack On A Smartphone?
The smartphone version of Slack is simpler compared to the desktop version. You can still find contacts seamlessly if you know their name via an identical process to the desktop version:
- Launch the Slack application and get yourself logged into your workspace if required.
- Click the workspace name to open the menu.
- Choose the plus sign close to “Direct Messages.”
- Search for their name in the search bar and then click to choose the current contact.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Add Your Own Emojis to Slack
You are done.