All iPhones come with a special serial number, which is useful for identifying a particular mobile device you own. Your iPhone’s serial number has to be known if you are unlocking it via your carrier, servicing it or selling it.
It is simple to find, but knowing precisely how to locate the serial number on your iPhone is dependent on the model you own and if you can power on the iOS device.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Disable Camera Sound On IPhone Xs, IPhone Xs Max And IPhone Xr?
How Can I Find The Serial Number On Any iPhone?
If you own iPhone 5 or newer, these are the instructions to adhere to if you want to find your serial number:
- Launch the Settings application.
- Click “General” and click “About.”
- When you are in “About,” the serial number will be seen. To copy it, click and hold the serial number and then tap “Copy” when the option is visible.
If you own an iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, or iPhone 4S, the serial number can be found on the SIM tray. Just remove it and you have your serial number.
If you own a more ancient iPhone, your serial number will be visible on the back of your phone.
How Can I Find An iPhone’s Serial Number If I Don’t Have My Phone Or If It Won’t Power On?
The simplest way to locate your device’s serial number is by searching on the device itself, but if you are not down for that, there are still more ways to locate it.
If your original packaging still exists, the serial number is visible on the barcode sticker on the box.
If the box is nowhere to be found, it can be found by heading to your Apple ID page in a web browser.
- Open the browser and head to https://appleid.apple.com/
- On your Apple ID page, swipe down to “Devices.” and locate the iPhone you want the serial number for.
- Tap the icon for the phone. The serial number will be seen in the pop-up window. It can be copied and pasted into an email or SMS.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Boost Vibrations On Apple iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus?
How Can I Find My iPhone’s Serial Number From Another Device?
If you own another iOS device like an iPad, for instance, that is connected to the same Apple ID, you can locate your iPhone’s serial number with that same device as well.
- On the other device, launch Settings.
- Click your name at the top of the display.
- Swipe down to the list of other devices linked to your Apple ID.
- Click the entry for the iOS device. The information about the phone will be visible, and this includes the serial number.