Fix LG G8S ThinQ Black Screen of Death – Black Screen of Death is one of the most irritating problems that happens in almost all kind of device screen. Whether its an ATM, Laptop, and phone. It also started happening in some latest robust Android devices, including the LG G8S ThinQ. It usually occurs during video streaming and when running a heavy application or game. It looks like the phone is almost dead because you see nothing on your phone screen except black or blue color everywhere. And nothing happens even when you try to switch it off, press the home button, and stuff like that.
So, in this article, we will guide you on how to Fix LG G8S ThinQ Black Screen of Death issue. There is some true working method that works fantastic. And if you follow them carefully, you will be able to solve the Black Screen of Death issue on your LG G8S ThinQ. So, let’s start this article and let me first clearly explain what Black Screen of Death is so there will be no doubt in your mind.
What is the Black Screen of Death?
The Black Screen of Death is an error screen displayed by some operating systems after encountering a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. In this case, the Android system can’t be able to load the necessary file on the phone due to a critical error in the system. Also, in this situation, nothing happens when you try to click on the action buttons of the phone, such as the Home button, Power button, Back button, etc.
When it happens, it feels like the phone reaches its last breath, especially when the phone battery is non-removable. Sometimes, removing the battery and reinserting it to start the phone works again. But chances are scarce, and you may see the same black screen after restarting the phone.
Well, as I early said in this article that there are some working methods that you can try. So, now its time to show you those methods.
How to Fix LG G8S ThinQ Black Screen of Death Issue
The tips we are going to show to fix the Black Screen of Death issue will work on most phones and LG G8S ThinQ. Some of the suggestions may erase all the data available on the phone, so make sure you safely backup all the files into your computer using a USB cable. Also, make sure you remove SIM card and SD card if you have inserted on the phone. After doing these, you can follow the promising fix steps from below.
1. Charge the Phone Battery
Before you start doing anything on the phone to fix the Black Screen of Death issue, charge your LG G8S ThinQ to a reasonable level (60%). Because if you start applying the fixes without having a certain amount of battery level, it may suddenly switch off in the middle of the fixing process. Here’s how to charge the phone properly when it is in the Black Screen of Death situation:
- Take the phone’s original charge. During this critical situation, make sure you only use its original charger which you received along with the phone on the box.
- Plug the Cable on the Charging port of the phone and make sure there is no dirt.
- Use the Desktop UPS to charge the phone. UPS is a great electric device which supplies only the required electricity. It’s essential to use UPS to charge the phone in this situation. If you don’t have Desktop UPS on your home, then ask your friends to let you charge the phone.
2. Restart the Phone
Restarting a phone is the best way to fix common problems on an Android phone, including Black Screen of Death. However, it forces the Android to restart every processing, which sometimes automatically fixes the Black Screen of Death issue. Here are the helpful steps to make a proper Reboot on LG G8S ThinQ:
- Press and hold the Power Button. If the Restart option appears then press on that to restart the phone.
- Open the phone’s back panel and take out the battery and then reinsert it. After that, press and hold the power to Switch ON the phone.
That’s how you can adequately restart the phone. Use the second option when you don’t see the Restart or Reboot option after pressing and holding the power button of your LG G8S ThinQ.
3. Start the Phone in Safe Mode
Black Screen of Death usually happens due to apps or games you install on your Android. To check if its the culprit, start the phone in safe mode. If your phone starts in Safe Mode successfully without any problem, then the Black Screen of Death has happened due to third-party apps or games. In Safe Mode, the Android system only loads the pre-installed apps. So, by just uninstalling all the third-party apps from your LG G8S ThinQ, you will be able to fix Black Screen of Death Issue. Here’s how to boot the phone in safe mode:
- While the screen is on, press and hold the power button. Once you see options, press on the Switch OFF.
- Once it completely switched OFF, press and hold the Power Button + Volume Down button at the same time. And release the power button when you feel a quick vibration. Don’t release the Volume down button until you see some options on the screen.
- Use the Volume Up or down button to select the Safe Mode and then press the Power Button.
- In the next window, confirm it by selecting the YES.
That’s it. The phone will automatically boot up into safe mode. If your phone boots up without any issue then it’s clear that Black Screen of Death has happened on your phone due to some Third-party app.
4. Wipe Cache Partition
When data on the dedicated partition of the phone becomes corrupted, it occurs many types of problem on an Android phone, and black Screen of Death issue is one of them. The corrupted data needs to be cleared and reset in order to fix the problems. Wipe Cache partition option usually found in the recovery menu, and it cannot be accessed from the settings of Android. Well, here’s how you can Wipe Cache Partition on LG G8S ThinQ phone:
- While the phone is ON, press and hold the power button and then tap on the Power off option.
- Once it gets power off, Press and Hold the Power button and the volume down button, and Release the buttons when the System Recovery appears on the screen.
- You will see a bunch of option, use the Volume up and down buttons to navigate to the Wipe Cache Partition option and then press the power button.
- Again navigate to the YES option and then press the Power button.
That’s it. The process of wiping of Cache partition will start happening immediately, and you will get a confirmation message under the logs. After that, restart the phone.
Read More: How to Fix iPhone X Black Screen of Death
5. Factory Reset
When you lose all the hopes to fix any software problem on an Android phone, Factory Reset is only option lefts. It is a function that available on every Android phone that is out there, and it can be accessed from both ways; Android Settings and Recovery menu. As you do not see anything on the screen due to the Black Screen of Death, you can perform it from Recovery. This function erases all the external Media and files and overall reset the Android system. Most of the Android developers suggest performing Factory Reset when an Android user can’t be able to fix the Black Screen of Death issue. So, here are the steps to perform a Factory Reset on LG G8S ThinQ:
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the Power button and the volume down button at the same time.
- When you feel a quick vibration or LG logo, release the power button only.
- Once you see the Android recovery logo then also release volume down button.
- Now, use the volume buttons to navigate to the Factory Reset option.
- Press the power button.
- In the next window, navigate to YES and then again press the power button.
After that, the factory reset process will start happening, and you will be able to see the logs on the bottom of the screen. Once you see a successful factory reset message in the logs, restart the phone. That’s it. This will fix the Black Screen of Death issue on your LG G8S ThinQ.
Note: Factory Reset will erase all the Media Files from the Internal Storage.
Black Screen of Death is a critical issue that happens in most of the Android phones. But it’s not normal, and you shouldn’t take it easy. In this article, we have explained a bunch of ways to fix the Black Screen of Death issue for LG G8S ThinQ. We recommend that you try the first four methods from this article and if those don’t work, then you can try the 5th method (Factory Reset). And if it also doesn’t work, then you will need to bring your phone to its service center. Best of luck!