In this article, we will be fixing Mac’s hardware problem. Apple has done a lot to help us know the condition of our hardware, whether they are in good health or not. Many Mac users do not know that Apple offers its Macs with a very helpful tool to analyze hardware health. For Mac that was made after June 2013, they are called Apple Hardware Test (AHT) or Apple Diagnostic. But if you are making use of an older one. You can run the test once in a while to ensure that your system is always in an excellent condition or to analyze if there are problems on your Mac related to hardware, such as memory, logic board, etc.
How To Fix Mac Hardware problem Using AHT
The (AHT) Apple Hardware Test is mainly used to fix your Mac Hardware conditions for all Macs devices that were launched before June 2013. But if you are using the newer Mac, you should make use of the Apple Diagnostics instead of the Apple Hardware Test.
Disconnect All Peripheral Devices
Before you begin to take steps towards fixing your Mac Hardware problems using Apple AHT, you’ll need first to remove all the devices that are attached to your Mac, apart from mouse or keyboard. Also, you should not forget to connect the Mac to the Power source. After that, if the system is switched On, you will need to turn it off by pressing the Apple logo and select Shut Down. If your Mac is going through some problems, like the freezing problem, click and hold the power key until it shuts down.
Begin The Test
Follow these steps to begin:
- Click and hold the power key of your Mac to switch it on.
- Right after the Mac screen turns grey, you will need to hold down the “D” button on the keyboard until the Hardware Test icon displays.
- Select your language making use of your mouse or the up and down buttons, then click the Return button.
- Press the Test key or click the Return button on the keyboard and it will begin to check the health of your hardware.
- The result will be displayed within 2 – 3 minutes. If you see an error code, you can check it, here.
- Press the Restart button or Shut Down key to complete the test.
How To Fix Mac Hardware problem Using Apple Diagnostics
- You will first need to remove all the external devices that are connected to your Mac but leave the mouse and keyboard.
- Ensure your Mac has an Internet connection.
- Switch Off your Mac computer.
- Now, you will need to Plug it into the AC power source.
- Click the power key to turn it on again. Then after that, press down the “D” button on your keyboard until you are asked to choose the language you want. You can make use of the up and down buttons, the trackpad and the mouse to navigate the languages.
- Once you choose the language, it will begin checking your Mac device. Usually, it can take up to 2 – 3 minutes until the result shows up.
- If the result shows up with the error code, make sure you write it down or copy the code and make use of this page link to know the problem.